Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Modify Game Server Settings

Mike420

Everytime I put the server update option to Yes, run update or Yes, run update/validate, then I click on Save settings and restart game server.

Then it tells me it's updating, restarting and might take 20 minutes.

After that is done, the server update option will go back to -- Only if Needed --

It also keeps telling me: Outdated Version - Your server version may be outdated.

While im trying to put a setting in there and it automatically gets turned back to -- Only if Needed --

What am i supposed to do??? It's bugged

Put in a support ticket, and try to refrain from bumping it, as each time you do so, it "Bumps" that ticket to the bottom of the stack.

I already send a ticket and didnt bump that, the server got updated but it still gives me the Outdated Version - Your server version may be outdated. message.

I personally have seen false positives on the server outdated thing before, so it's entirely possible that's what's happening here. Our update went through this time, but there have been plenty of ARK updates that did exactly that, yet everyone could connect with updated clients, so perhaps just give it time. Either way, keep checking back on your ticket for when you do get a reply. Good luck to you on that though. It's the not knowing for sure part that always bugs me about it. =\

Yes, we have to manually update this value on our end throughout the day. If you can still connect you are usually good!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok this is not a problem. The settings always go back. Check your version number listed on that page with the newest version in the game server list. It has been doing this for me as well. I look at it as if it gives me the banner saying I have an outdated version then I am actually running the current version. That banner will stay there for about 3-6 hours. I do not know why. It is a survival server thing not a dark and light thing. Everything is good.

This topic was already solved, and you are correct Derrin. As Pat mentioned, we have to manually update the version number value on our end, so as long as you can still connect, you'll be fine.

Locking the solved thread.