Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

ppppsssstt.. new patch for the game!

xkalbr1

We pull right from Steam when new files are up to date, though it's up to us to update the version number on the panel (what's used to determine if you are out of date).

As the devs haven't posted anything in their news channels related to a new patch, so likely this was a hotfix. I pulled the latest version from Steam and updated it on our end.

So, why does it not only still show our versions are out of date but fail to do any updating to the 3.5gb update released today if you're both aware that YOU need to change the version on the panels and have already applied the update on your side?  I'll give it another half an hour for a quality response or fix before I start considering options.

By changing the version on the panel I'm referring to changing a string ( i.e. '100.4534' ) that is used against the running servers version. If there is a mismatch, whether from us needing to update on our end or failed SteamCMD pulls, then an outdated message is shown.

We're aware of the servers affected by this and are working towards a resolution. In the off chance we've missed you, please provide the server ID and we'll get you sorted out. 

I'll be flipping between here and support today, so I'll do my best to get to you ASAP 

Yeah, just give them some time. This is obviously not an isolated thing, and if they're having to address it one server a time with a weekend staff, I'm sure they're working their butts off to get it all done as fast as they can. So just be patient with them and they'll get you fixed up as soon as possible.

I've had nothing but positive experiences with the SS staff, and even through difficult and annoying issues, they've always pulled through.

is my issue the same thing yall are experiencing

i beleave so a friend of mine has the same issue joining my server. i myself get a fatal error and it closes instead of booting me to menu but the cause is the same.. outdated server

i had to do a bunch of stuff to fix that this morning. i followed this https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/738-low-level-fatal-error/

also had to do this https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/133261370018036488/

i had to do one more thing i forgot but i was able to load the game but not able to join my server