Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Higher dino levels doesn't work? :s

Arcten

Hello, I've been playing with my two friends on our server for about a week now with the Extinction core mod and we've been having a blast on the new map Ragnarok.

But we wanted to increase the wild dino max level to 300 instead of the 150 we have now-

I came to understand that you can't have a difficulty offset higher than 5 (which gives you level 150 dinos) so you need to type OverrideOfficialDifficulty=10 for it to work under the 

GameUserSettings.ini Custom Code 

part of the control panel.

I've been trying a lot of different things but I can't seem to make it work, i've used admincheat destroywilddinos which appears to work because there are new dinos after I use it (i've also seen the wild dinos actually disappear in front of my eyes as I used the command), although, the server crashes every time I use this command after a minute or so, i've let the server restart it self and manually restart it on 4-5 different occasions but every time, no matter what I try, wild dinos still only spawn up to level 150.

Can someone please help me? I've been looking around the forums and found a TON of threads with this question, I've tried everything they say but I still can't make it work.

Thanks in advance!

To get OverrideOfficialDifficulty to work you have to add it into your custom launch parameters. You can do so by changing your map to custom in your control panel and then adding OverrideOfficialDifficulty=* to the end of your parameters line. I recommend using the information tooltips if you don't have any experience with using custom launch parameters.