Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Ragnarok Not Loading *** ALL POSTS GO HERE ***

OKay so we switched to Ragnarok map but it is showing up as ShooterEntry not Ragnarok is it not loading properly? but scorched earth shows up fine.

Ticket #789329

User Hotshot

Same issue here trying to load Ragnarok. The server say it's online in the control panel, but no one can connect. Map is listed as ShooterEntry and my server name is showing up as "ARK #174103 - (v258.8)" with 0/70 slots when it's only a 10 slot server.

I tried the Steamcmd clean option when i restarted my server.  (Server id #42302)

But we keep getting the error message "Failed to install mod map" when we try to join it.

Is this a server issue or a client one? We have tried reinstalling the map on our steam clients.

Anyone have any insight in this?

I replied to another thread with my problem. It is the mod map error. Server ID 26992

We're having the same problem

We were previously running the ragnarok mod map.

We started getting this error with the new update.

I have:

1) Removed custom launch command line from control panel

2) Swtiched to official ragnarok map in control panel drop down

3) Removed map mod id for old ragnarok in control panel

4) Checked every mod ID on control panel to make sure they were all valid

When that didn't work I tried steamcmd and mod folder cleans from the control panel. That has not solved th issue for me.

Server ID 26992

According to this post the switch form mod to official maps is keep player structures saves dinos etc. https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/199625-ragnarok-unofficial-servers/

Have a thread about this but post here aswell.

We keep getting "failed to load mod map" on Ragnarok

Everyone who tries to join our ragnarok server keeps getting this problem "failed to load mod map"

Our Island server workes fine but Ragnarok dont.

Please help.

Our Server IP: 89.163.148.213

ID #40643

I tried the Steamcmd clean option when i restarted my server.  (Server id #42302)

But we keep getting the error message "Failed to install mod map" when we try to join it.

Is this a server issue or a client one? We have tried reinstalling the map on our steam clients.

Anyone have any insight in this?

Fixed

I replied to another thread with my problem. It is the mod map error. Server ID 26992

I see yours is fixed

Have a thread about this but post here aswell.

We keep getting "failed to load mod map" on Ragnarok

Everyone who tries to join our ragnarok server keeps getting this problem "failed to load mod map"

Our Island server workes fine but Ragnarok dont.

Please help.

Our Server IP: 89.163.148.213

You need to provide a game server ID, not an IP.

I started a server and after setting it up, the control panel says it is ready to go but when I try to find the server it is not there. #43381

Server #43109

After each "normal" server restart (ie, nightly), Ragnarok goes back to showing as Shooterentry with 70 slots and is inaccessible. I can fix it consistently and reliably by doing a restart with validate. It then comes back up and all is fine, until the next restart. 

Ragnarok not loading.  failed to load map.  #43450

I am able to see Ragnarok is loaded for you and I was able to connect to character creation screen. If you continue to have this trouble Rhavok please have a ticket opened so we can investigate this issue for you.

My server won't start just after the update was released, my client is up-to-date, the server freeze on the Started: Loading status and then, after some time changes to Stopped.

Current MAP: Ragnarok. Didn't change anything on the Game.ini and GameUserSettings.ini

Already done the Clean SteamCMD Folder, no good.

SERVER ID: 43569

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting the same error on the server we run with Ragnarok, it loaded just fine earlier, i closed it to remove a mod that got broke in the latest patch and i get the "Failed To Install Mod Map" error, I've fresh wiped mods, saved data, and just ran a steamcmd wipe to see if that is going to fix it if it does not i'll update it here in a minute or two.

Does not seem to have fixed the issue, it is possible it is not accepting the input the check boxes do not work for me for whatever reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting same issue, have tried the clear steamcmd, but hasnt worked. Any suggestions?

Can i get a refund, wasted a evening try to get this server working the way i wanted.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems in some instances the map isn't fully downloading properly. If a SteamCMD/Mod clear and a validate won't work for you, open up a ticket and we'll get it resolved ASAP.