Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Linking 2 servers

I'm thinking about renting another server so the people on my server can access the Scorched Earth map. I have an established Island map.

What needs to be done to accomplish this with Survival server?

You can do this by purchasing and creating a cluster server.

What's a Cluster and how does it work?

http://trojantrolls.com/topic/2828-cross-ark-travel-in-ausark-how-it-works/

This page is a pretty good overview (if it's online at the time of this post, if not let us know)

The Cluster addon is a way for you to take a single game server and launch two game servers at the same time from the same directory. The only difference would be a slightly adjusted server hostname and +10 for each of the ports. You can join them separately at any time and transfer between the two worlds as well. Any of our drop down maps/expansions are worlds that you can choose from to set for both the parent game server and the Cluster. 

If you already have a game server with us, simply visit the Addons page, select the game server ID that is associated with the game server you wish to create a Cluster off of and then pay for the Cluster one time prorated cost. The cost of a Cluster is the same exact cost of your parent server. So if you have a 10 slot monthly server it would be $14.00 /mo doubled = $28.00 /mo total for both your parent game server + Cluster addon. 

It's currently not possible to convert an existing game server to a Cluster.

What happens if I have a second game server that I want to convert to a Cluster?

We can cater to this request by manually getting you set up on a parent game server.

• Agree to terminate old server and be invoiced for any difference. We will take in mind how long your secondary game server has left in it's current cycle and apply that to the prorated Cluster addon cost. If the prorated amount of the secondary server is greater than the Cluster addon cost, no invoice will be issued. Simply respond to this ticket saying you agree, provide us the primary game server ID and the secondary game server ID you wish to terminate.
  • Wait for customer to finish payment (if necessary) and confirm termination of secondary server.
  • Our staff will manually adjust your parent server to addon the Cluster
  • Our staff will migrate data from the secondary server to the Cluster and set the Cluster world to the secondary server world
  • Our staff will then terminate your secondary server and adjust recurring billing for the primary with Cluster addon
How do I configure/independently control my Cluster?

We're working on adding more options to customize your cluster game server. For now, all of the game settings/configuration is coming from the parent game server.

It will be possible to change custom launch parameters for your Cluster. It's a new feature so bare with us while we make it better in the coming days. =)

When will it be possible to remotely Cluster with different IPs or directories?

We've already contacted the developers about this but have not received any official word back from them. If they do add this capability, we will add an option for separate game servers to join the same Cluster with a similar cost and ability to transfer from the local Cluster method to the new remote method. That way you pay for the resources you use and don't get stuck into any billing commitment and can enjoy the flexibility of the new method. =)

Can I add more than 1 cluster?

We're working on that as well. Ideally you would be able to daisy chain as many as you want!

Full FAQ thread can be found here, with more information and community discussion!

https://www.survivalservers.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3483-faq-cross-transfer-between-ark-servers-with-our-new-cluster-addon/

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any news about having a server with multiple clusters?

Like having the primary server on one map (let say ragnarok) with 2 clusters, (one on thecenter, and the other on Scorched Earth)