Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server isnt up?

lpowers789

I Bought a Conan Exiles server, and when I try to connect to it, it says it's not connecting to the server. However, my control panel says the server is started. I've tried resting it and stuff, but I dont know what to do.

I don't know why.

2 things to always, always, always do, often, at least after every patch. When you restart your server, choose the update/validate option. Validate your steam game files, using steam. Make sure you're in lock step.

Give steam a good long time to search for your server. It is a painful wait sometimes, but favorites works now, so mark it.

You should be able to search for your server on steam. I forgot the exact process, but you can do it without being in the game. I never connected doing it this way, but things were screwy back then, only recently the favorites would work.

For some reason my server has an unknown status today. First time I have had any trouble since the great melt down.

Just found this in my spam folder of my mail. Now I know why I'm unknown. NOTICE: Game Server IP:Port Transfer

"Hello

We are writing you this email to inform you that your game server is being transferred to a new machine.

** Server is experiencing hardware failure. Need to move ASAP. Many apologies for this inconvenience **"

I sure hope this includes my previous saves, it would be a serious blow to not have them. Funcom screwed up royally with the last patch.

I don't know why.

2 things to always, always, always do, often, at least after every patch. When you restart your server, choose the update/validate option. Validate your steam game files, using steam. Make sure you're in lock step.

Give steam a good long time to search for your server. It is a painful wait sometimes, but favorites works now, so mark it.

You should be able to search for your server on steam. I forgot the exact process, but you can do it without being in the game. I never connected doing it this way, but things were screwy back then, only recently the favorites would work.

For some reason my server has an unknown status today. First time I have had any trouble since the great melt down.

I cant connect from Steam (when I try it says "Server is not responding"), Conan (tried searching it and direct connect) or the control panel connect option. I just got this server and I haven't even been able to connect to it once.

Drop them a ticket, I know they're working on what I mentioned, but hopefully they'll take the time to get you up and running.