Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Help with Unofficial Map

Sandman69

I am new to server side stuff but I am trying to figure this out. I would like to run Kerama Islands  (although unofficial) but am having trouble getting the map to run. Has anyone done this through Survival  and had success? I really dont want to change host companies due to the simple fact that Survivals support has been fast, friendly, and extremely helpful with everything. I just dont care for the map selection as they are boring and overplayed maps (in my opinion).

Thanks for any help you might offer.

• 5 months later...

The main thing to know about running custom maps is a couple things. You will want to make sure the up to date @mod folder for the map is in the room of the FTP client. From there make sure the key file is in the keys folder for it. After that is all said and done simply update the mission pbo with the new map items and if the mission pbo has a new name. Head into the admin folder and update the server.cfg file with the new name.

From there you will want to launch the server using the custom launch parameter on the panel to call the new mod along with the other game @mod folders.

Remember to check the checkbox on the panel thou so the server.cfg file does not overwrite when using the big green update/restart button at the bottom.