Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Forgetting the Garden

Arcanial

​(Direct Connect)

::::::   192.99.38.168:39315    :::::::

As the darkness fades from the blanket that so earnestly enveloped your mind, you begin to hear voices, see shapes, or colors. These shapes take notice of your change beginning to address you directly.

"Ah, another one it would seem. Well, welcome to The Garden then, there have been so many tales, a number of couples, a few families and, once even a village yet, all who have come before you were cast out."

"You are no exception do not think yourself so special, and do not think this fools pleasantries have gained you entry. Only those worthy may enter and you are unproven. By the looks of you, it shall remain so."

"Do not fret, you would not be here were hope lost. A perseverance was observed throughout your life that will serve you well. Find your way, do not falter, and do not give in. For I will be waiting with open arms."

​Before your eyes are even open you feel a hand wrap around yours tugging you swiftly towards your feet.

"So they got you too, huh?... Well, the names Percy and before you start I don't need to know yours. I'm here to warn you. Just forget about The Garden, I've seen helpless soul after soul chase that damned place, and whether they make it or not they all end up back here. Never any idea who they are, or who they were, just where they need to go. My curse is to wander this desert, eternal keeper of the Passover. Once I lived among the garden, my parents had been granted the gift of entry where as I had been born. For a long time we were alone, yet one day a group of four with a child was granted entry all at once. As the years passed we all grew to adulthood but, none aged and none died or sickened. Eventually our number grew to that of fifteen, and we began building. The garden was plentiful but, began wilting the more we took. Many argued to halt building and live of only what we need. I was greedy and in that greed took actions that declared myself leader among my people, or at least what remained of them. I took the lives of three others who contended my ascent Upon the final breath leaving my final victim The Garden, along with all that I loved fell to ash before my eyes. I have not seen a soul I cared for since but, I have seen the wicked over and over again back to burn their worlds down once more. I pray you who have not lost all that you love will heed my warning. Journey out of this desert where the rocks meet the river, guarded silently by two sentinels. From there lie your claim. This land is harsh, resources will be scarce and crafting requires patience, however take pride in knowing what you build will stand strong. Do not take this as being a easy life danger lurks everywhere in this harsh world, creatures and other men who would lay claim to your valuable land and resources. Persevere and your life here can be anything you dream, just please...forget The Garden.

Amidst the utter confusion, I dragged myself to my feet. Naked, alone and, thirsty. I looked down to find my sight restored as the heat of the sand scorched the bottom of my bare feet. The air was heavy and, arid. Before me lay endless dunes of sand, this was a desert unlike any I had encountered. In front of me a monuement carved with great care in a language foreign to me yet I understood. "Follow the path, any path. All lead to the City" it told me. Unsure of myself, I chose a path uncertain if this city should be my destination. All paths lead to the city the voice echoed and, so I walked forward with one thought in mind. Water.  

• 3 weeks later...