Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

NPC ain't there and can't place things or pick up loot

Halveey

Hey!

NPC on my new server aren't on the camps. It was working fine at first, but then i had harvesting recources problems. Then NPC stopped showing up. Tried to reset server, worked for a bit, then same problem occured. When the server was working i build a little base, but now when i relogg half of the stuf i put in it won't show. As of yet im the only player on the server. 

I've restarted the server later last night and the server was working fine for about 4 houers. 
When i logged back in today i had to update and restart server witch i did.
When logging back in agian all of the stuff witch i can interact with apart from what i built dont show meaning: 
All trees all rocks all npc and bushes witch i can either loot hit or interact with isn't loading properly. 
When i first enter trees and rocks and bushes as far as i can tell show and about 5-10 seconds they dissepair and dont load back. 

Anyone else got these problems/knows what i can do? Have reseted the server sevral times and updated today.

Hey!

NPC on my new server aren't on the camps. It was working fine at first, but then i had harvesting recources problems. Then NPC stopped showing up. Tried to reset server, worked for a bit, then same problem occured. When the server was working i build a little base, but now when i relogg half of the stuf i put in it won't show. As of yet im the only player on the server. 

First thought, By NPC I'm guessing you mean thralls and not the named NPC in certain spots. You might want to try to change the radius that your camp effects,Land Claim Radius Multiplier If you do, try something like 0.5, which should be half of what the default 1 did. Even a campfire or a sleeping bag will put out an area of effect, pillar, etc.

Second thought, I had a camp that wouldn't respawn one of them, last night after the second patch of the day, it would the fighter and the bonfire, but not the dancer, I'm assuming a new game bug. I didn't test a server reset because my girlfriend was playing too.

I haven't had a problem with things not showing up, for a while now. Arrows and ambrosia disappearing yes. I'm assuming you mean buildings and the like. What seems to be happening for things in storage is, the search filters are changing (I'm guessing) with the patches, so make sure you have your filters off on storage boxes, same with recipes.

I suppose it might have something to do with your saves, but someone else will have to help you there. I haven't read others are having this problem, but I haven't logged in today yet, nor have I looked at Steam today, yet. This is Early Access, there will be bugs and new bugs. Might want to validate your game files on Steam too, doesn't hurt to do from time to time.

I've restarted the server later last night and the server was working fine for about 4 houers. 

When i logged back in today i had to update and restart server witch i did.

When logging back in agian all of the stuff witch i can interact with apart from what i built dont show meaning: 

All trees all rocks all npc and bushes witch i can either loot hit or interact with isn't loading properly. 

When i first enter trees and rocks and bushes as far as i can tell show and about 5-10 seconds they dissepair and dont load back. 

Anyone else got these problems/knows what i can do? Have reseted the server sevral times and updated today.

As I said in the above reply, and sounds like, play with your Land Claim Radius Multiplier.  I do have mine set at .5 and like it better then the default and I may even set it a little lower. Let us know what worked, or didn't.