Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

All Backups Disabled for Conan

BillMurrey

IMPORTANT NOTICE We have identified an issue with our backup system for Conan Exiles and have temporarily disabled all backups. You can still manually backup via \ConanSandbox\Saved\ with the backup .db files there.

Can someone tell me what this means? Will everything that is done be lost and not saved on my server? Maybe dumb question but new to having a server.

Thank you.

When your server is running the game automatically does a save command at preset intervals or when you stop your server. These are located in your /saved folder as Game.db (for the most current one) Game_Backup_1.db Game_Backup_2.db and so on. I think it saves about 50 of these (not real sure and cant check at the moment ). 
When you boot up your server it takes the Game.db and uses it to load your world. 
What SS is talking about is they had a system that would make a copy of your /saved folder a couple times a day/ 
This came in handy if you had a corruption you could go preform a restore  from back up and go back to that time. 
They have a problem with the system that makes those backups and for now if you want that extra security you should use FTP and go in and make a copy of the /saved folder on your own. 

Make a little more sense ?