Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Downloading Save Folder

TumTum

If you're trying to download the entire Saved folder, there will be files locked from download. Have you tried downloading just the single files you need? 

Yes, same error. Its like they locked me from doing it

Can you log in through your FTP client, go to the Saved folder and try to download game.db, then PM the log output to me? It'll be easier to diagnose.

I log thru WinSCP

Here is the error Im seeing for multiple files

post-5792-0-87392800-1486579253_thumb.png

That file in particular isn't going to be useful to download, and might be harmful if you upload it to another host and it overwrites their files. I can understand why it's blocked and why SS doesn't want it modified.

All you need is the game.db file and possibly a few backups. Will those let you download them?

Ah thanks, I see! This permission error is on your computer, not the server.

Are you running WinSCP as administrator? If not, that may fix it. If you already are, try saving the file in another place.

No problem, glad it worked! Yeah, all you need is game.db which is your most current game save. If for some reason it doesn't load on your new server, you should go back through the backups and try uploading them (change the name to game.db) until one does.

Some versions of Windows have certain write protections in certain locations. It happens ^_^

Ah thanks, I see! This permission error is on your computer, not the server.

Are you running WinSCP as administrator? If not, that may fix it. If you already are, try saving the file in another place.

Good catch! I was helping someone the other day with WinSCP and they were just posting the error to me. If I had a screenie like that I might have caught it. 

They just ended up using filezilla and had no problem.