Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Beyond the joke now

Apems

After renting a server yesterday morning I have finally been able to get on to the server, then I start getting kicked from the server and none of the options I set for the server seem to stick and the ping is beyond the joke.

WTF is going on with Survival Servers I used to recommend them to everyone so why are they having a nightmare with this game when others are working perfectly?? I am at a loss for words for how they have handled this.

Its not their fault.

Conan Exiles launched a update that caused some CPU leaks which crashed all of the machines , including those for other games.

I`m renting a ARK server with them, and that one is down too because of Conan Exiles ( Which I currently hate the most  because well who the fuck launches a update that causes CPU leaks ).

They're trying to get all the machines back up, but its a long process while they are still figuring things out.

Its not their fault.

Conan Exiles launched a update that caused some CPU leaks which crashed all of the machines , including those for other games.

I`m renting a ARK server with them, and that one is down too because of Conan Exiles ( Which I currently hate the most  because well who the fuck launches a update that causes CPU leaks ).

They're trying to get all the machines back up, but its a long process while they are still figuring things out.

Do you know what a cpu leak is? Because its made up. 

https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/cpu-leak-183635/

Its not their fault.

I call BS. 

Other providers are not having these issues. 

The problem is they oversold and crammed machine that were already full with more VMs and add Conan to the stress on the physical machine. 

Host Havoc is not having these problems

Nfo is not having these problems

Gameservers is not having these problems. 

Now granted they may be having ping or lag issues but the servers run and they have not been down up to 75% of the time since launch. 

99% of SS issues are with SS control panel software and overloaded hardware.

Hell SS rents these servers they do not even have to ability to lay their hands on the physical machines.   

I call BS. 

Other providers are not having these issues. 

The problem is they oversold and crammed machine that were already full with more VMs and add Conan to the stress on the physical machine. 

Host Havoc is not having these problems

Nfo is not having these problems

Gameservers is not having these problems. 

Now granted they may be having ping or lag issues but the servers run and they have not been down up to 75% of the time since launch. 

99% of SS issues are with SS control panel software and overloaded hardware.

Hell SS rents these servers they do not even have to ability to lay their hands on the physical machines.   

This is from one of the Conan Exiles Devs...

We are in the process of finding new partners with the ideal hardware we can move the existing game databases to. However, due to the high demand for Conan Exiles servers, many hosting companies are simply out of the hardware that we need and as such this process might take a few days.

Yes granted SS has probably had more issues than others. ALL games work differently with different types of hardware and software. Even PingPerfect had issues consistently with supporting Conan Exiles. Therefore Conan Exiles dropped them. I wonder why... They didnt have the IDEAL HARDWARE to support the game..

Benny, you can stop sucking SS's dick now.

SS blew it. SS servers have proven to be much less than IDEAL HARDWARE. Hell, my personal PC runs this better than SS's 'servers'. Other server hosts are not having the same problem as SS. Ping Perfect was dropped because they could not keep up with demand, and it's obvious that SS cant either.

The biggest issue here? SS's lack of communication AND their lack of responsibility for the problems. They send a tweet every once in a while saying they are fixing a CPU leak and claim its being caused by Conan servers, yet tweet replies show that ARK servers are also down.

As for me, I'm finding a new host as we speak. SS can keep the money I wasted on trying their services, maybe they can use it to get some real customer support.

I bought a server last night and this is what I got for my money 

The survivalservers.com page isn’t working

survivalservers.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

I can not use the damn control Panel WTF!!

Benny, you can stop sucking SS's dick now.

SS blew it. SS servers have proven to be much less than IDEAL HARDWARE. Hell, my personal PC runs this better than SS's 'servers'. Other server hosts are not having the same problem as SS. Ping Perfect was dropped because they could not keep up with demand, and it's obvious that SS cant either.

The biggest issue here? SS's lack of communication AND their lack of responsibility for the problems. They send a tweet every once in a while saying they are fixing a CPU leak and claim its being caused by Conan servers, yet tweet replies show that ARK servers are also down.

As for me, I'm finding a new host as we speak. SS can keep the money I wasted on trying their services, maybe they can use it to get some real customer support.

There it is! Was waiting for immaturity to poke its head in.

Just giving my opinion guy..

Yes I understand communication could be much better. People are talking like they understand whats going on which I dont of course, but are you working there? Do you really know what hardware they are running??? I could switch, but i know they will get their things together and once they do they will be running great,

This is my point to responding to all the people whining and bashing on SS. If you are SO unhappy.. switch providers like you already doing.. Simple as that. No reason to keep whining and moaning like a little baby wanting their little pacifier. If you are fed up submit your ticket for a refund and movveee the f onnn. NOONE is keeping people here buddy.

Im not trying to whine but id like to be able to get my server up and running sucks that they are having their issues but id like to at least like to at least get into the control panel. I cant even play test my server I mean for $21 a month id like to get going before the next payment is due for my server. I wish them luck but If I cant get into the control panel with in 24 hours im going to be forced to ask for a refund :( and I dont want to do that.

Im not trying to whine but id like to be able to get my server up and running sucks that they are having their issues but id like to at least like to at least get into the control panel. I cant even play test my server I mean for $21 a month id like to get going before the next payment is do for my server. I wish them luck but If I cant get into the control panel with in 24 hours im going to be forced to ask for a refund :( and I dont want to do that.

I totally understand where youre coming from. Im mostly talking about people who have been constantly rampaging through the forum about things when they could of taken the time spent ranting to move on somewhere else.

I can understand the frustrations you and other people have related to the downtimes. It is your money and you should get what you pay for.

Totally respect you speaking your point of view and being reasonable about it man.

I totally understand where youre coming from. Im mostly talking about people who have been constantly rampaging through the forum about things when they could of taken the time spent ranting to move on somewhere else.

I can understand the frustrations you and other people have related to the downtimes. It is your money and you should get what you pay for.

Totally respect you speaking your point of view and being reasonable about it man.

I do my best :D but yeah I actually look forward to running a server through these guys I love the custom control panel idea. I pray they get it up and running soon. Ill stick around for a bit see if everything works out.

I do my best :D but yeah I actually look forward to running a server through these guys I love the custom control panel idea. I pray they get it up and running soon. Ill stick around for a bit see if everything works out.

Same!

My server was Unknown and performed a update/validate and after 4-5 restarts I am showing started and ready. Just a heads up.

Same!

My server was Unknown and performed a update/validate and after 4-5 restarts I am showing started and ready. Just a heads up.

Quick question is this on my end this error or is it on their end??

HTTP ERROR 500

Quick question is this on my end this error or is it on their end??

HTTP ERROR 500

I am able to browse survivalservers.com just fine from my work connection and on my phone LTE. Are you getting this on different internet connections?

I am able to browse survivalservers.com just fine from my work connection and on my phone LTE. Are you getting this on different internet connections?

Im at home on my net trying to get the control panel up and I still keep getting this error I used different browsers still having this issue.

Im at home on my net trying to get the control panel up and I still keep getting this error I used different browsers still having this issue. I can see the status and all saying its paid and active so I dunno wth is going on with this.

Im at home on my net trying to get the control panel up and I still keep getting this error I used different browsers still having this issue.

Can you try on a different internet connection? Will be a good way to see if its your internet connection or possibly the region youre coming from. There are multiple roads if you will that connect to different networks. Its possible its your connection DNS not resolving correctly. Or the road you are taking to their web server has a pot hole in it. =p

Im at home on my net trying to get the control panel up and I still keep getting this error I used different browsers still having this issue. I can see the status and all saying its paid and active so I dunno wth is going on with this.

Oh so you are on the website. But when you click Control Panel you get a 500 error?

Can you try on a different internet connection? Will be a good way to see if its your internet connection or possibly the region youre coming from. There are multiple roads if you will that connect to different networks. Its possible its your connection DNS not resolving correctly. Or the road you are taking to their web server has a pot hole in it. =p

Umm I only have one net connection here at my house :D my internet is working fine so I dunno how to resolve this issue I dunno if its a problem on my end or theirs.

Yes

Ok definitely not an issue with your connection man. You said you see Active and Paid? Do you see any other options on the left side? i.e. Invoice, Orders, Addons etc..

This is from one of the Conan Exiles Devs...

We are in the process of finding new partners with the ideal hardware we can move the existing game databases to. However, due to the high demand for Conan Exiles servers, many hosting companies are simply out of the hardware that we need and as such this process might take a few days.

Yes granted SS has probably had more issues than others. ALL games work differently with different types of hardware and software. Even PingPerfect had issues consistently with supporting Conan Exiles. Therefore Conan Exiles dropped them. I wonder why... They didnt have the IDEAL HARDWARE to support the game..

Yes they are looking for an ideal hardware provider.  They are setting up 200 server to run 70 players each They need a very robust setup for that. They are the Developers and they want the official servers to get priority in resources and maintenance. They need to be able to have 14,000 people connect at once. This is a lot different than SS needing to setup 200 servers with an average of 5 people per server.

I do believe that there may be a leak that causes the CPU to become overworked in the server software. This is not unusual in early development of server side software. I do believe that it could have caused issues with SS servers. Crash them out though? These problems started BEFORE said patch was released. I myself spend most of the day Friday trouble shooting problems. On these servers. Several times I informed people SS what I found and they fixed them. Then another problem would pop up. Every single time it was something with SS software and how it interfaced with the server.

Saturday a new problem popped up and I decided to totally delete the game folder, download the server software and then upload it by FTP I set all configs via FTP. My machine worked flawlessly until they started taking machines down yesterday morning.

I also took the complete game from here and imported it to other providers and guess what... It is working fine. 

I personally feel that until I am refunded I am entitled to be here and bitch about this every second of every day. until my server comes back online and preforms as well as other machines that I have in my possession or have rented, and I plan to do this until that time.     

Until people are refunded they are still a customer and still deserve the same level of service that others get. They also have just as much right to complain and others have to praise. There will always be haters and there will always be fanbois.  

This is a perfect example of "if you dont like what is on TV change the damn channel and let me watch what I want to." 

Ok definitely not an issue with your connection man. You said you see Active and Paid? Do you see any other options on the left side? i.e. Invoice, Orders, Addons etc..

Yes

Willing to bet the real issue is a DDoS attack that is above the level of protection of this provider. CPU leak is the worst excuse I have ever heard and doesn't make sense.

Yes they are looking for an ideal hardware provider.  They are setting up 200 server to run 70 players each They need a very robust setup for that. They are the Developers and they want the official servers to get priority in resources and maintenance. They need to be able to have 14,000 people connect at once. This is a lot different than SS needing to setup 200 servers with an average of 5 people per server.

I do believe that there may be a leak that causes the CPU to become overworked in the server software. This is not unusual in early development of server side software. I do believe that it could have caused issues with SS servers. Crash them out though? These problems started BEFORE said patch was released. I myself spend most of the day Friday trouble shooting problems. On these servers. Several times I informed people SS what I found and they fixed them. Then another problem would pop up. Every single time it was something with SS software and how it interfaced with the server.

Saturday a new problem popped up and I decided to totally delete the game folder, download the server software and then upload it by FTP I set all configs via FTP. My machine worked flawlessly until they started taking machines down yesterday morning.

I also took the complete game from here and imported it to other providers and guess what... It is working fine. 

I personally feel that until I am refunded I am entitled to be here and bitch about this every second of every day. until my server comes back online and preforms as well as other machines that I have in my possession or have rented, and I plan to do this until that time.     

Until people are refunded they are still a customer and still deserve the same level of service that others get. They also have just as much right to complain and others have to praise. There will always be haters and there will always be fanbois.  

This is a perfect example of "if you dont like what is on TV change the damn channel and let me watch what I want to." 

Agreed.

I just dont understand why people are so hell bent about it. I get your point of some things not adding up.

I fully respect your point of views and the knowledge you provide to the community. The only thing that irks me are people that just come out of the blue and assume they know whats going on as most people dont actually try to understand before posting random remarks. You not being one of that people of course.

It make me happy two people that disagree on some things on a subject can actually have a normal conversation without saying "Stop sucking SS dick".