Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Asks for Password with No Set Password

Cytozen

Newest update requires a server update, ran the update/validate 3 times, still cant connect to server because it's asking for a password when there is no set password for my server.

Agreed, after the update my server as well asked for such a thing.

Bummer to, as I had just really started getting the Server to grow 10-15 on at a given time, and now this conundrum. This is going to lose us people.

Hope they will get it fixed.

+1 to this.

No password is set but requests password. Typing nothing, or typing in something doesn't work. I then manually set a password and it still states password does not work.

EDIT: Also, why do I have to go through all these captchas and multiple account registrations for this host? I have to do captchas for support, make an extra account for support, captchas for this forum, make a separate account for this forum. I'm paying $$/month, isn't that enough?

Make sure your server and local client are up to date.

If they are I had the issue when trying to join servers from the Steam Servers window, but when accessing from in game server list I was able to get in.

Make sure your server and local client are up to date.

If they are I had the issue when trying to join servers from the Steam Servers window, but when accessing from in game server list I was able to get in.

This won't work for me because my server never shows in the master list. I have to use Steam's serverbrowser.

It's a known issue with today's patch, unfortunately:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/440900/discussions/0/133256240737249501/

On the plus side, it looks like the in-game list for "favorites" is now working, at least in our house.

Right now we're facing an issue where players using the Steam server view are being sent to the wrong server if their server shares the same IP address as another server. This may manifest in one of the following ways:

1) You are being asked for a password for a server that shouldn't be password-protected
2) You are prompted with an 'out of date' error for a server that should be the correct version
3) You log in to a server you should have a character on, but end up having to roll a new one

We are working on a fix for this now, and in the meantime we kindly ask that you stick to using the in-game browser to find games.

Additionally, players attempting to find their LAN server should have the game client up before joining their server from the Steam server view. 

Thank you all for your patience and support while we work to fix these issues. We're working on a patch that should fix these connection issues and that should go out by tomorrow.

Fix to this:

1. launch the client

2. join through friend or favorites list

Apparently launching the client first prevents the random server coming up

*SIGH* Same here..... Some people can join the server without getting the password question.. 

And if we then join him direct via Steam it works... 

Its Early Access... but 99% of the problems is server-related and not game-related..

*SIGH* Same here..... Some people can join the server without getting the password question.. 

And if we then join him direct via Steam it works... 

Its Early Access... but 99% of the problems is server-related and not game-related..

Conan Exiles devs design how the game works on a server. Survival Servers has no control what a patch does to the server once a new patch is released. Survival Servers dont create the file structure on the server nor how it operates on their servers. A hosting company is there to host your hardware and server instance and provide connection to the internet. They have to pivot and mitigate the issues that patches cause.

Game related and server related issues usually go hand in hand. Server infrastructure is pretty straight forward.