Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server not appearing in server browser

chasjam

Hi! So my server was working the past few days without any major problems. Today the server wont appear in the server browser, even though it says ready and I have restarted and validated several times. I have tried to reset to backups but that wont do it either. And it is not among invalid servers.

GAME SERVER ID #34561

Is this from the ingame server browser, or the Steam one? The in-game one has known issues and will only display a certain number of servers.

Fix 1) In Steam, navigate to Views > Servers. Filter servers by game and find your server. Add to favorites for future reference. You can connect directly from there; it will launch the game.

Fix 2) Is your server the same version as your client? You may need to search with "invalid servers" option enabled. Be aware you will probably have to update your server before your client connects without crashing. (I know you said you checked this, just listing for others :D )

I know about this, but my server in that steam server veiw lists mine as <not responding> Have done, restart, stop/start, update with validation.

nothing is working, 10/10 canceling my service with this joke of a host.

I know about this, but my server in that steam server veiw lists mine as <not responding> Have done, restart, stop/start, update with validation.

nothing is working, 10/10 canceling my service with this joke of a host.

Mine wont show there either, but still if it does not even show in the ingame browser, how are other palyers supposed to join. I am trying to create a community server and with these kind of problems that will not be able to happen.

I found a workaround: 

Once you have the steam server window open do the following.

• Select the "Favourites" tab.
  • Click on the "Add A Server" button in the bottom right of the favourites window.
  • Enter the IP of the server you're trying to connect to then select "find games at this address".
  • If you find any servers at the IP then select the server in the list below and select the "Add game server to favourites" button in the bottom right and then refresh to be able to connect. 

This way I was able to connect to my server finally.