Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

FAQ and Tips for operating Conan Exiles servers

mltdwn

So I figured I would put together an FAQ for Conan servers which I can update as I go since I have been experimenting with different settings and functions each night. I hope to have a fairly complete one and keep it updated as changes come about. If you have any additional server administration questions let me know and I will research them as I can.

Commonly Asked Questions

Q: I cannot see my server in the ingame browser

Currently there appears to be an issue with the ingame browser limiting how many servers display in the list, and the filters appear not to properly function at this time. The present workaround and best solution at this time appears to be to, in Steam, go to

View -> Servers

at the bottom of the server list that pops up set the 'Game' filter to "Conan Exiles". Let the list finish updating, (there will be between 1500 and 2000 servers roughly) and find your server by name in the list (you can sort by server name by clicking the column labelled 'Servers' in the view). At this point you can highlight the server, right click, select 'Add to Favorites' so you can always find it more easily, and then click connect to connect to the server.

Q: Whenever I attempt to join my server it just takes me straight to the main menu instead of connecting me to the server

This is usually caused by your client and server version not matching. The way to correct this is to go into steam and update your client, then on the Survival Servers control panel under 'Modify Server Settings' go to the 'Server Update' setting and select "Yes, run update/validate" then go to the bottom of the control panel and select 'Save Settings and Restart'.

Q: How do I setup an administrator password on my server?

On your Survival Servers control panel click the 'Modify Server Config' . At the top of the pop up window that comes up it has a field for 'Admin Password' . Enter what you would like your password to be, scroll to the bottom of the window and select 'Save Configuration'. This will stop and restart your server unless above it you select to "Save Form Values Only".

Q: How do I connect as an administrator?

First connect to your server as a player. Once in the game press your 'ESC' button. On the menu which comes up select 'Options'. This will bring up the game settings. At the top right of the game settings menu it states 'Server Settings', select that. At this point there will be a button that states 'Make me an admin', click that button and in the password field that comes up enter the password you set up for your admin account. Once you click OK the window will change to show you ALL of the settings for your server. Other than initial server setup of Name, admin account password and server password I highly suggest you use this method to configure your server settings as it holds everything that is set via the web based control panel on Survival Servers and does not appear to require a restart to have the settings take effect.

NOTE: You WILL have to do a 'Make me an admin' everytime you reconnect to the server.

Q: How do I kick/ban people

Updated: After making yourself an admin hit 'ESC' and go back to the initial panel after hitting 'ESC' while in game. There will now be an option for 'Admin Panel' that will pop up a window that allows you to spawn in creatures, items, and do various game functions. One of those functions is that you can access a player list which will allow you to remove and ban problem players.

Q: How do I access the administrative functions panel

After making yourself an admin hit 'ESC' and go back to the initial panel after hitting 'ESC' while in game. There will now be an option for 'Admin Panel' that will pop up a window that allows you to spawn in creatures, items, and do various game functions. HOWEVER at this time it appears the game functions only affect yourself and that you cannot affect others with it. Well not without doing something like spawning an Avatar of Yog on top of them.

Q: I am unable to log in to my FTP server

Open your server control panel, scroll to the bottom and in 'Modify FTP Password' enter a new password. Select 'Save settings and restart server'. Once the server returns to functioning you should be able to log in. (Credit to BennyP for question and solution)

Q: I connect to my server but am unable to login as admin and it does not show the people on that show through steam browser.

If you join through steam that it will connect you to a random server.  If you hit ESC and look at the bottom of the menu that comes up it shows the server you are connected to.  Most likely it shows that you are connect to "Conan Exiles" rather than your server name.  Instead launch the game and connect either through the browser (which now appears to work) or launch the game, hit shift-tab to bring up steam and select a friend to join on that is connected to your server.

Q: I attempt to connect to my server and it keeps asking for a password even though I do not have one.

Currently this is a bud joining via Steam.  Instead launch the game and connect either through the browser (which now appears to work) or launch the game, hit shift-tab to bring up steam and select a friend to join on that is connected to your server.

Important note: It is HIGHLY suggested at this time not to run BattleEye on the server. There have been multiple issues with it causing problems and disconnects for users. Until such time as they correct the issues I cannot myself recommend anyone using it.

Thanks for putting in the time to get this one going. Definitely will help with duplicate posts. Hopefully Ryan will pin this one.

Some other worthwhile suggestions to add that ive seen since the start of this forum.

1. BattleEye activation

2. PvE vs PVP settings

3. Fixing Invalid version

4. Unable to login to FTP (Change original generated FTP password, Restart server)

5. Saving server configs/backup/restore

My server doesnt show up in the server list nor does it show up in steam, view, servers list.. and i have tried to use the ip as well says server is not responding.. on the control panel i have updated and restarted it 2 times with no luck. it says its online and ready... the only way i can seem to join it is if i launch the game with the control panel.. please help, I didnt want to send in a ticket because i know they have been busy and i appreciate there hard work. For now i guess ill just keep trying to update and restart it..

Game Server ID #36201

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I have notice some threads asking how to change the server type to PvE-C.

Go to your serversettings.ini file and add a line that says “Combatmodemodifier=1” if it’s not already there and save/restart server.