Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Conan Exiles: Control Panel Feature Requests

Ryan Pennington

Server settings will come, we are prioritizing other issues right now though so please make changes via FTP.

Yeah I noticed that 2 you added yesterday now get deleted on boot if you add them in to an ini. Logged out bodies is the only one that seems to stay put.  

Hello, I do not know if what I will propose is achievable but I try anyway.

Would it be possible to have a chatbox of the games since our pannel?

Indeed, when a reboot is needed or other I like to notify players in advance & unfortunately sometimes I'm not at home & so I can not connect to the games to prevent and I have to do it remotely since My smartphone.

Unless a r'con is planned?

rcon is planned, just not available yet. Im sure the modders that helped create ARKON are itching to get at Conan Exiles, so once RCON is available, this feature will follow..

Hello, I do not know if what I will propose is achievable but I try anyway.

Would it be possible to have a chatbox of the games since our pannel?

Indeed, when a reboot is needed or other I like to notify players in advance & unfortunately sometimes I'm not at home & so I can not connect to the games to prevent and I have to do it remotely since My smartphone.

Unless a r'con is planned?

Server settings will come, we are prioritizing other issues right now though so please make changes via FTP.

Oh thats cool. I have no issues with the FTP changes. Is it like Ark? Will they stick if you do it via FTP? I know if you try to do them in game they didnt save and the settings via the CP over rode them. So if we change them in FTP they will definitely save? If so thats fantastic

Oh thats cool. I have no issues with the FTP changes. Is it like Ark? Will they stick if you do it via FTP? I know if you try to do them in game they didnt save and the settings via the CP over rode them. So if we change them in FTP they will definitely save? If so thats fantastic

Yes but if you run a Save from the Modify Server Config tool it will overwrite (just like our ARK tool does)

Make it possible for the admin to remove any structure.

So i can remove foundations that are just spread all across the server.

That is more like a game feature request, this is for control panel feature requests and that is definitely not possible from the control panel ;)

Would it be possible to add a chat box from the pannel?

For people like me who are not always in games, it would allow us to see what happens on the server.

If we could also have a MOTD option to be able to send a message system to prevent from a possible reboot for update for example.

Thanks for reading me.

i agreeee

Would it be possible to add a chat box from the pannel?
For people like me who are not always in games, it would allow us to see what happens on the server.
If we could also have a MOTD option to be able to send a message system to prevent from a possible reboot for update for example.

Thanks for reading me.

specific time restart/update/validate.

I have the option for restart intervals but what I really want is to also be able to have restart happen at 4:00 am every day.  Even though I've needed to manually restart because of patches very frequently or because of crashes, I'd like the server to check for any updates I miss while I am asleep so there is less invalid downtime.

The current crafting speed is not very sufficient, and I do not want to always have to spawn resources in game. I know the game is rather new, but other servers have the option for Speed boost on crafting and I would also like to utilize this feature in the control panel. Please add this feature when possible, Thank you. 

EDIT: I found the "Item Convertion Multiplier", but when set to a higher number it changes nothing. I went from 5, to 10, then 100. After trying those I entered 100,000.. Unfortunately, none of the changes increased the speed of crafting or "item convertion". Please fix.

The current crafting speed is not very sufficient, and I do not want to always have to spawn resources in game. I know the game is rather new, but other servers have the option for Speed boost on crafting and I would also like to utilize this feature in the control panel. Please add this feature when possible, Thank you. 

This is another I thought we already had and I had set before I returned to vanilla. I wonder if the control panel had to get changed or got messed up with all that has happened in the last few days.

For the time being, and you probably know this, you can do it in game, but.... sliding the crafting speed slider to the right makes it craft slower. So you need to get a number in there and the one I most often see is 0.1

The thing a level 1 Thrall will do, is speed up a crafting station. It isn't much of a boost as of now, but they claim they do.

EDIT: I found the "Item Convertion Multiplier", but when set to a higher number it changes nothing. I went from 5, to 10, then 100. After trying those I entered 100,000.. Unfortunately, none of the changes increased the speed of crafting or "item convertion". Please fix.

Hun, the crafting speed is backwards, you have to set it low for it to work faster, i have mine on 0.2 and its fast, within seconds crafting

As for suggestions, i would love for us to be able to edit the night and day speeds, i'm trying to edit my FTP file zilla and having a hard time -.- sorry... Editing what amount we get while harvesting what would be good too, like the ark servers where you can control what amount of rock, ingots, ect you can harvest at one time...

or atleast a way we could set up to either get higher or lower points per level?

The ability to adjust durability of gear. I saw a .ini code...

durabilitymultiplier

shielddurabilitymultiplier

I added these to my own server .ini but I didn't notice a change to the number on the durability or the rate at which it declined. Still lost one durability per use. Both were set to .5. If this could be a feature added or if anyone knows of assistance to help me diy this that would be great. :)  

Can we please get Message of the day added?

This is very useful for us that run servers for quite a bit of people.

Not sure if this is just game side?

Would really want this added like in the ARK servers.

Also, I noticed on restarts we don't get a noticed that the game is coming down.

Wish that would also be integrated if possible.  ^_^  

The ability to adjust durability of gear. I saw a .ini code...

durabilitymultiplier

shielddurabilitymultiplier

I added these to my own server .ini but I didn't notice a change to the number on the durability or the rate at which it declined. Still lost one durability per use. Both were set to .5. If this could be a feature added or if anyone knows of assistance to help me diy this that would be great. :)

Definitely agree here - durability modifiers for items and shield is a must. (three-strike shield breakage is no bueno). 

Also, food and water modifiers as a previous post mentioned would be awesome - I know they offer it in game but even 0.1 is too tedious.

Maybe that the *Server Config on the control panel* automatically saves your options instead of doing it all over again everytime :P

Message of the day has already been brought out as a mod, dunno if you can use that to implement on the website.

And what the above guy said: Durability modifiers for items and shields.

• 2 months later...

I have 2 simple (I hope requests)...

1. A log to view player logins and time on server, and if possible what they did.
  2. The ability to limit access from VPN IP addresses or the ability to limit access to only people whose Steam Acct# is authorized (preferred).

• 5 months later...

I have 2 simple (I hope requests)...

1. A log to view player logins and time on server, and if possible what they did.
  2. The ability to limit access from VPN IP addresses or the ability to limit access to only people whose Steam Acct# is authorized (preferred).

I would also love to be able to see the Activity logs and current player names that are on the server. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Would really like to see the features pvp building damage times and purge settings available on the modify server config. Currently I would have to enter these values every time that the server resets and that is not very realistic. If there is a way to avoid this i would love to hear it. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I've got three suggestions after getting used to my new server and it's handy dandy Control Panel:

• Time stamps on the Backups (Unless numbers like 07-00-01 and 13-00-01 are supposed to tell time? I still prefer the 00:00:00 format, and an option to choose between 24hr time and 12hr time wouldn't be bad either!).
  • An option to Update/Validate every single time the server restarts, for the paranoid.
  • A better Mod ID box... I think making it bigger or expandable/collapsible, or even have an option to just upload your own modlist.txt in that spot would be great. Because for right now I've accidentally overwritten parts of the box when copying/pasting it's contents, and I just prefer to see everything at once rather than a few id's at a time.

That's all for now, other than that the Control Panel is pretty convenient and has most of what we need.  :)

Would really like to see the features pvp building damage times and purge settings available on the modify server config. Currently I would have to enter these values every time that the server resets and that is not very realistic. If there is a way to avoid this i would love to hear it. Thanks

Editing purge settings in the Server Config is my biggest need.