Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

All server starting issues / Loading issues here ** megathread **

trentonm

I can't get my server to start. I've done the Server Update/validate. When I click "Start" and after the page refreshes it still shows as stopped. I've submitted a ticket. Server ID#33341.

Update: I disabled Battleeye, the server now shows as started but is stuck on "Loading."

Update #2: My server status is now "Unknown."

Server has fluctuated between "Unknown" and "stopped" status all night.

When it's in a stopped status, I can't start it. Will always just go back to stopped..

I've tried the update and validate, and it is doing nothing, jsut refreshes the page after a few seconds with no change.

Game Server ID #33348

same here. any update on what is going on? havent been able to access my server all day

Don't know for sure. I have a ticket in, it hasn't been responded to yet. I just bought a server a few hours ago. Ryan seems to be pretty active on the forums so I'm hoping they're actually trying hard to address everything. I'm willing to accept this as new early access game woes and I'm hoping everything will be smooth sailing relatively soon.

Don't know for sure. I have a ticket in, it hasn't been responded to yet. I just bought a server a few hours ago. Ryan seems to be pretty active on the forums so I'm hoping they're actually trying hard to address everything. I'm willing to accept this as new early access game woes and I'm hoping everything will be smooth sailing relatively soon.

just got a reply to a ticket saying they are doing unexpected maintenance on the servers. also said they should be up shortly. 

just got a reply to a ticket saying they are doing unexpected maintenance on the servers. also said they should be up shortly. 

Awesome! That sounds like progress to me.

Server has fluctuated between "Unknown" and "stopped" status all night.

When it's in a stopped status, I can't start it. Will always just go back to stopped..

I've tried the update and validate, and it is doing nothing, jsut refreshes the page after a few seconds with no change.

Game Server ID #33348

Finally got mine up. Had to move it out of New York and to Dallas.

Had my server for nearly 24 hours now and it is still not working. Tried the update/validate a million times!

Opened a ticket before I went to work, the ticket was closed while I was at work saying that it just needed to be validated and it would be up in 5 minutes so I had some hope. But..... I just got home from work and absolutely no change at all. Server is still stuck on loading!

Server #32904 kinda of getting tired of waiting now.....

What is going on with my server? I have a friend who just bought a server from you guys an hour ago and his is up and running. It's been over 24 hours, I have tried literally everything. Because it's taken so long half the people who were going to play with me are now gone to other servers. At 540PM I got a ticket response that said it would be up soon, its now 5 hours later and its still doing the same thing. 

Had a response from my ticket ( server #32449) saying I just had to validate and the server did go through the process but once again still stuck on loading and none of the other options seems to work.

I also cant seem to access the support option from the menu to reopen the ticket, all other options seem fine.

So I am a new customer, i just paid for your 20 man Conan server and none of my friends can join it but i can. They can see the server on steam when they search for the IP. However, it says server not responding. They also cant see the server in game but i can. Can someone try joining my server to see if it works. They portforward thier routers and firewalls btw so thats not the problem. Does this game have buggy servers?

So I am a new customer, i just paid for your 20 man Conan server and none of my friends can join it but i can. They can see the server on steam when they search for the IP. However, it says server not responding. They also cant see the server in game but i can. Can someone try joining my server to see if it works. They portforward thier routers and firewalls btw so thats not the problem. Does this game have buggy servers?

Hello,

I can tell you from my experience last night that that you want to make sure all of your friends and yourself have updated the game via Steam. Also run server update with the option "Yes, run update/validate" If your local game client is upgraded through Steam and your server version is valid they should be able to join.

Also what I did to verify this is. 1. Update Conan Exiles via Steam on local computer. 2. Run update on server. 3. Go to server listing screen in-game. 4. Click show invalid servers. 5. Search for your server specifically.

Eventually your server will show. If it is listed as invalid Rinse and repeat steps.

I did this for about 30 minutes and it was ready to go. 4 people have been in my server for 10 hours each now with no issues.

Our server is no longer running.  We try to update and it immediately goes to shutdown.  Server #31394

We have an active ticket already in because you guys were working on issues with our server but there's been no response to the recent update4 on it.

Just adding a comment to this ticket thing.  You have a warning in there that says if we bump our ticket, we basically go to the back of the line.  It looks like I just bumped my ticket by duplicating the same message 45 minutes later =/  Please tell me that didn't just move me to the end of the line on an answer?

Our server is no longer running.  We try to update and it immediately goes to shutdown.  Server #31394

Yes when you do an update the server turns off, it downloads the update, It applies the new code then it restarts the server. 

During this time you will have a pop up on screen telling you not to click off of it and that it can take 20 min. If you do click off you get a banner saying that the task "update" is running and will continue to get it if you refresh the page until the server completes the update. 

Once this is done you should be seeing a "loading" status next to your server I have to manually refresh until it shows ready. 

Now I usually have a problem with steams server viewer so I manually add my IP:port as a favorite in the favorites tab. 

It should show you your server name and other info once it adds it. When it is there then you can find the server in game using the top left "filter" set to favorites. The in game server browser needs work and is a little wonky and slow. If you do not see your server in favorites try to refresh it. Wait till the timer on the button has counted down and i usually give it a few more seconds. If you still do not see your server make sure that the top right filters are set yo ALL and the if it still isnt there select the show invalid option. If it does show as invalid your server needs another update. If not I hope SS support can help you. 

No, thank you for the information but I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying.  Our server is not running AT ALL.  I have attempted to update it using the steps given, it goes to loading like everyone elses does but when I manually refresh, our server is saying "Stopped" in red instead of ready in green.  

I understand that during the update process our server is taken offline.  I'm trying to ask for help here because our server never comes back on line after the update.  At all.  Sorry if I wasn't clear before.