Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Issues with "Default" settings, most of them are not

Brocco

So this is a bit of a headache, I selected defaults for these settings assuming they would match up with official servers. And now that my community has Dino's and leveled them I don't want to take their work away from them. But I am really annoyed because they're almost double what default is.

According to the wiki and the forums, after taming a Dino you should be able to level it up 66 more times. However we are able to level ours 120 times >.<

I noticed there is an option to go back and customize this to bring it back down to 66. But speaking for current and future users of SurvivalServers.com please try to keep default settings actually default :(

Thanks

EDIT: I am also aware that default difficulty on official is 5 and your servers are 4... This was an easy fix that I caught right away since no Dino's were above 120.  However it took quite a while for me to discover by max leveling one of my Dino's that your default Dino levels were also incorrect, hence this post.

Well , Lesson learned (maybe) don't "Assume" , the simple fix is adjust your Dino/player stats to where you want , stop and kill all wild dino's command , it will repopulate and your tamed dino's will usually be weeded out through attrition .  Problem solved , no ranting needed , just some thought 8-)

So this is a bit of a headache, I selected defaults for these settings assuming they would match up with official servers. And now that my community has Dino's and leveled them I don't want to take their work away from them. But I am really annoyed because they're almost double what default is.

According to the wiki and the forums, after taming a Dino you should be able to level it up 66 more times. However we are able to level ours 120 times >.<

I noticed there is an option to go back and customize this to bring it back down to 66. But speaking for current and future users of SurvivalServers.com please try to keep default settings actually default :(

Thanks

EDIT: I am also aware that default difficulty on official is 5 and your servers are 4... This was an easy fix that I caught right away since no Dino's were above 120.  However it took quite a while for me to discover by max leveling one of my Dino's that your default Dino levels were also incorrect, hence this post.

This might help as well http://arksurvivalev...ol/Default.aspx

Well , Lesson learned (maybe) don't "Assume" , the simple fix is adjust your Dino/player stats to where you want , stop and kill all wild dino's command , it will repopulate and your tamed dino's will usually be weeded out through attrition .  Problem solved , no ranting needed , just some thought 8-)

The irony is killing me.

You start your reply off with "Don't Assume" and then you ignore everything I wrote and assumed what I was complaining about.

Notice how I said "I was aware of the issue of the Difficulty not being default due to the fact that ark changed it recently and Ryan already commented on it saying he'll get around to changing the default Difficulty to 5 to match official"

That is understandable, he may be a busy man and changes sometimes take time.

Now following logic when someone says "DEFAULT SETTINGS" those would be whatever the default settings Ark had at the time he created them (Since most of his "Default settings" are official settings).  Following logic again you might assume that the default is either below the current amount of times you can level a tamed dino (Ark has been adding more levels over time) OR caught up and its 66.

What logic would NOT dictate, is that the default settings for dino levels RANDOMLY are almost TWICE what official servers are.

That AND the fact I potentially have to tell everyone their Dinos are op and destroy all their work is what this "Rant" is about.... NOT the server difficulty (I've already manually changed that with an override and wiped all wild dinos)

If you're going to whine about what you assume the "Rant" to be about, how about you instead read what it's about so you don't end up just doing the same.

The irony is killing me.

You start your reply off with "Don't Assume" and then you ignore everything I wrote and assumed what I was complaining about.

Notice how I said "I was aware of the issue of the Difficulty not being default due to the fact that ark changed it recently and Ryan already commented on it saying he'll get around to changing the default Difficulty to 5 to match official"

That is understandable, he may be a busy man and changes sometimes take time.

Now following logic when someone says "DEFAULT SETTINGS" those would be whatever the default settings Ark had at the time he created them (Since most of his "Default settings" are official settings).  Following logic again you might assume that the default is either below the current amount of times you can level a tamed dino (Ark has been adding more levels over time) OR caught up and its 66.

What logic would NOT dictate, is that the default settings for dino levels RANDOMLY are almost TWICE what official servers are.

That AND the fact I potentially have to tell everyone their Dinos are op and destroy all their work is what this "Rant" is about.... NOT the server difficulty (I've already manually changed that with an override and wiped all wild dinos)

If you're going to whine about what you assume the "Rant" to be about, how about you instead read what it's about so you don't end up just doing the same.

This guy makes a very good point, my dinos are OP as shit and I hate it, please explain to us why this is not default and how do we fix it.

Also 5 new player lvls were added in this weeks patch, I was max lvl (96) before the patch, no lvls were added on my server.