Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Changing Difficulty Setting - no affect

Vert

I'm trying to adjust either one of two things...

Either have the Regular Difficulty not show friendly or hostile units on the map or...
have the Veteran Difficulty allow third person view. (my friends will cry if I don't let them have that, personally I like 1st)

First I understand that "they" have overhauled or are in the process of overhauling the difficulty system. That being said I can't tell if the info I am reading is outdated.

So far what I have tried is to open the Admin.Arma3Profile and adjust the class flags in there. The obvious one that I tried first was the 3rdPersonView tag in the Veteran settings, but that is already set to 1. Yet when I change the difficulty via the SS control panel there is no 3rd person view and the check boxes above the difficulty dropdown in the control panel don't seem to have any effect. Is there a separation somewhere? Does Exile use a different difficulty setup? 

So then I changed a couple of the Regular class flags, namely Autospot and ExtendedInfoTypes. These were suggested elsewhere and they sounded promising. But they didn't seem to change anything. I can still see friendlies and baddies on the map.

Does anyone have an up-to-date explanation of how to configure this?

Thanks.

~Vert

Quote;" Yet when I change the difficulty via the SS control panel there is no 3rd person view and the check boxes above the difficulty dropdown in the control panel don't seem to have any effect."

Hate to ask, but did you click on " Save Settings and Restart Game Server " at the very bottom after the check/uncheck boxes?

Quote;" Yet when I change the difficulty via the SS control panel there is no 3rd person view and the check boxes above the difficulty dropdown in the control panel don't seem to have any effect."

Hate to ask, but did you click on " Save Settings and Restart Game Server " at the very bottom after the check/uncheck boxes?

Fair enough question, but yes, I did.

We have since resigned to keeping the blips on the map. It's lower on the to-do list right now.