Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Modify game settings - instant 255ping

Fanzhen23

Hello.

So i talked with support before buying a server here, and then decided to buy a server from this company.

I tried submitting a ticket, the first day i had an answear in 5 minutes. But a VERY short answear, this didnt help me at all.... And now ive been waiting 1.5 days for another answear... So im trying to rather get some help from community

I start fixing the server i like with no troubles, abit bad modify tool(compared to what im used with, but i will learn this on the way.)

Modify game settings:

The levels refuses to work, so i put in a code. Im still inside modify game tool, but on the gami.ini section. I put the code for levels in.

[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
LevelExperienceRampOverrides=(ExperiencePointsForLevel[0]=15,ExperiencePointsForLevel[1]=405,ExperiencePointsForLevel[2]=1605,ExperiencePointsForLevel[3]=2805,ExperiencePointsForLevel[4]=4005,ExperiencePointsForLevel[5]=5205,ExperiencePointsForLevel[6]=6405,ExperiencePointsForLevel[7]=7605,ExperiencePointsForLevel[8]=8805,ExperiencePointsForLevel[9]=10005

++

I start my server, and i can finally see the levels are working, but then my server is stuck on 255 ping ??

Only change i did, was the level code and my server cant even handle that??

Anyone experienced the same? My server is now unplayable!

The code i put in is attached as a file.

Best Regards.

Fanzhen

EDIT:
For some reason, after putting in the code in Game.ini (stil linside modifyer) and restarting several times, The player level is 150, but i never added 150 lvls........ and all the other changes ive done, now is deleted and i have to start over. They are also refusing to save any changes i make atm..

lvl500 player, lvl 800 dino.txt

Alright,

What about the code? i found out that code was messed up. So i made a new one. Can i add this with FTP? and that will work? Or do i need to add 1by1 lvls in that modifyer only??

I find your Modifyer extremly hard to use, ive had a few servers and never had any issues with setting up levels untill now..!

Would apprichiate another answear today, so i can get my server running by tomorrow morning..

Okay o.o

Even levels worked? because that code should be broken? Can't be same exp at 300 lvls? o.O

Well, ill try put everything on default, and add it with FTP. hopefully that will fix the issue :)

And at last, can i add my code in the Modifyer? or do i need to use FTP? The code is gone after saving, do that mean it work? o.o

Thx!

Modify server config, When i dropped this one, and only made changes with FTP i dont have any issues :)

Only "problem" i have now, is that when i do the "destroywilddinos" server crashes and rollback.. Any tips how to do this, so the high lvl dino's spawn?

What I want to pinpoint is what exact config part of the config is causing 255 ping.

For the crashing issue that is just how the destroywilddinos command works. You have to run it then wait 5 seconds and run an immediate cheat saveworld after that. Wait about 15 min then manually restart server and it should be fixed after 5-10 minutes.

Sorry for late respond, i dont understand exactly what made the 255 ping appear, it just disappeared after restarting server 3 times.. So i dont really have a respond to what caused this... But restarting worked, and if settings dont work, i suggest everyone to reset to default, then start over. Worked for me atleast.

I want to chime in and mention that I now have the exact same issue, trying to do (almost) the exact same thing, increasing player and dino level caps. 

FTP'ing this to the server causes the 255 ping issue.

http://pastebin.com/P0LFzg8c

EDIT: I want to note that I've also reset my server config to default. Adding this specific code seems to be exactly what's breaking the server, I'm just... not entirely sure why. XD

EDIT 2: Oddly enough, the opposite fixed my issue. I reconfigured manually through the control panel modifier (Modify Server Config) and it seems to work perfectly. Even FTPing further changes to the ini don't seem to be harming it.

Edited by Sheaolara

Oddly enough, the opposite fixed my issue. I reconfigured manually through the control panel modifier (Modify Server Config) and it seems to work perfectly. Even FTPing further changes to the ini don't seem to be harming it.

Definitely needs more testing but this is helpful in demonstrating it's not a widespread issue and something specific is triggering it. Hmm.

I'll take a look at the code you copy pasted to see if I can replicate the error on my test server.