Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Brocco

Is there an option on the control panel that I am missing for entering in "Command Lines" For the server. (NOT) to be confused with adding to the .ini file which is located in the bottom of the panel.

Reason being is since they added the not being able to build near beacon drops I can no longer add to my base and it's currently in shambles.  I'd like to add the command line "?PvEAllowStructuresAtSupplyDrops=true" To the server

EDIT: Did some digging and found that the search feature for this website is blah, and using it was not able to pull up any question like this one which was surprising, manually looking through the "View new content" feature I found someone else had asked and it was answered by Ryan.

Ryan suggested that you add PvEAllowStructuresAtSupplyDrops=True in the .ini box in the control panel, or add ?PvEAllowStructuresAtSupplyDrops=True to your custom launch parameters.

Now adding to the .ini file for this does not work/did not work because this isn't an ini file change.  And when you being new to this website see him suggest "Add it to the custom launch params" You'd likely as I did assume that is located in the "Advanced Launch Parameters" button... however there is no option there to post your own lines, only check boxes for ones they added themselves.

Where you actually find the "Custom Launch Parammeters" area to add your own command line, is on the main page of the Control Panel disguised as "MOD (ID)s"  which is the place you would post your ID numbers for your mods.

So to fix this issue, in the mod ID's section paste "?PvEAllowStructuresAtSupplyDrops=True" and problem solved!! :D

NOTE: If the mod ID area was empty you can ignore the following -> however if you have mods then you now need to add "?GameModIDs=" before the mod ID's

Example:
If all you had before was "731604991,566885854,804569540"  <-- list of my mods

And you wanted to add the feature to allow building near supply drops.

It would now look like "?PvEAllowStructuresAtSupplyDrops=True?GameModIDs=731604991,566885854,804569540"

This is tested, and it worked for me... my base is fixed!!

Just a question. If I am currently using The Island and now I change to use the custom launch parameters to load The Island with the same mods, does this wipe the server?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Brocco,

Was wondering if you had anymore information on this.  The server I had was originally PVP and I built a base near a drop, and the base slowly got big and eventually engulfed the dropped sit.  We've all been friendly on our server so there wasn't any real PVP happening, just everyone helping each other, until one day some random player came in and raided a bunch of bases, which I didn't mind, but the rest of the population asked to officially change it to PVE and once I did that, I could no longer place near the beacon site, and anything I removed I could not place back down.  I tried adding your command line to the mods ID line, but it didn't help and after the server restarted the mod ID's line only had the mods and not the command line anymore.

I also have a support ticket currently in to see about adding that command line somewhere else.

Thanks in advance for you time!,

Keith

So I played around with placing that command in a few different spots, And I finally got it to work by pasting it in the "Custom.in code" from the modify server config.  The following is everything I have in my custom.ini code.  Now remember you can't just "save form values"  that doesn't actually write it to the ini file, it just saves the value on the web interface.  You have to either select the first choice to "stop, save to ini and restart" or just "stop and save"  Did that and not my base and as well as another tribe's base that was have the same issue can now build freely around the drop.  Hope this helps you guys out!

[serverSettings]
ShowFloatingDamageText=true
PvEAllowStructuresAtSupplyDrops=true

• 5 years later...

Hello Brocco, Was pondering in the event that you had any longer data on this. The server I had was initially PVP and I built a base close a drop, and the base gradually got huge and in the long run inundated the dropped sit. I am going to share this thread https://www.survivalservers.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4835-florida lottery-unabletobuildnearbeacons/ to my kith and kin who want to know about that. We've all been neighborly on our server so there wasn't any genuine PVP happening, fair everybody making a difference each other, until one day a few arbitrary player came in and attacked a bunch of bases, which I didn't intellect, but the rest of the populace inquired to authoritatively alter it to PVE and once I did that, I seem now not put close the guide location, and anything I expelled I might not put back down. I attempted including your command line to the mods ID line, but it didn't offer assistance and after the server restarted the mod ID's line as it were had the mods and not the command line anymore. I too have a bolster ticket right now in to see around including that command line some place else. Thanks in progress for you time!,

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/21/2022 at 8:39 AM, IzaakBoudrot said:

Hello Brocco, Was pondering in the event that you had any longer data on this. The server I had was initially PVP and I built a base close a drop, and the base gradually got huge and in the long run inundated the dropped sit. I am going to share this thread https://www.survivalservers.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4835-florida lottery-unabletobuildnearbeacons/bitlife to my kith and kin who want to know about that. We've all been neighborly on our server so there wasn't any genuine PVP happening, fair everybody making a difference each other, until one day a few arbitrary player came in and attacked a bunch of bases, which I didn't intellect, but the rest of the populace inquired to authoritatively alter it to PVE and once I did that, I seem now not put close the guide location, and anything I expelled I might not put back down. I attempted including your command line to the mods ID line, but it didn't offer assistance and after the server restarted the mod ID's line as it were had the mods and not the command line anymore. I too have a bolster ticket right now in to see around including that command line some place else. Thanks in progress for you time!,

Thank you so much