Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Does automatic restart also update 'if needed'?

SixTree

Im trying to figure out this whole automatic restart and the update settings.

So if I set the update setting to "--only if needed--"... will the version update be applied if it is needed when the server auto restart takes place? Or in other words, do these two features combine to provide auto-updating?

Does the auto restart perform a save before the auto restart takes place?

Thanks!

What about auto-saving prior to auto-restart? Does this occur?

Is there any way to update the server to the latest version independent of saving all of the settings from the web based control panel? Doing so overwrites my commands.dat and then i have to edit by FTP afterwards.

What about auto-saving prior to auto-restart? Does this occur?

Yes

Is there any way to update the server to the latest version independent of saving all of the settings from the web based control panel? Doing so overwrites my commands.dat and then i have to edit by FTP afterwards.

If you don't make any changes it should not overwrite your config.

Are you sure? I add more things to the commands.dat manually; such as setting the day/night cycle, timeout, chatrate, loadouts, etc. I also manually disable cheats. These commands, and possibly others, are missing from the web-based control panel. There is no input box for them.

So when I update the server, I am pretty sure it also overwrites my commands.dat with what ever fields are in the web-based control panel... minus the extra commands of course, and it enables cheats.