Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Looking for some help from this community...

Shoes

My friend is trying to connect to the server.  It shows up he can connect but right after he gets to the character select screen and the map starts rendering it freezes and steam crashes in the background..  We have tried complete reinstall, graphics updates turning off firewalls, and deleting his .ini files etc..  His resolution is native and single player works just fine.  Does anyone have anything else we could try?  Pretty desperate at this point...  We have been trying for hours.  His network configuration is very basic, nothing special going on there...  We also tried adjusting the max ping in steam.

All servers.  Posted here because the official forums are no help. Every post I saw regarding this had no reply or the same suggestions with no resolution.  Would it help if I added that I never actually see the notification that the "joined the ark" but I do see that he "leaves the ark"  Its like the server is kicking him but why would it also crash steam?  I dont know much about networking...

My friend is trying to connect to the server.  It shows up he can connect but right after he gets to the character select screen and the map starts rendering it freezes and steam crashes in the background..  We have tried complete reinstall, graphics updates turning off firewalls, and deleting his .ini files etc..  His resolution is native and single player works just fine.  Does anyone have anything else we could try?  Pretty desperate at this point...  We have been trying for hours.  His network configuration is very basic, nothing special going on there...  We also tried adjusting the max ping in steam.

There are a few things you can try again! even if you have done it. (only reason multiplayer would crash is if he has a invalid copy)

1. Steam verify integrity game cache. (right click on the game in steam games library, properties)

2. Update his Graphics Card drivers

3. Reinstall C++ redistributables in windows

4. Try lowering the settings for graphics, maybe attempt to play in windowed mode first. Then check the settings in game.

He may be running low on shared memory or graphics are up.

also consider lesser options in this: ark-survival-evolved-launch.jpg

once you get it up, let us know on this forum post.

Next time post his equipment. (graphics card, memory, hdd, etc.)

Turned off all anti-cheat and he connected no problem.  As far as he knows he is not banned(very trusted friend btw)   He would tell me...  Thanks guys.

Turned off all anti-cheat and he connected no problem.  As far as he knows he is not banned(very trusted friend btw)   He would tell me...  Thanks guys.

Steam is very particular. It has flaws but it's accurate when it comes to this kind of thing. H1Z1 is full of hackers.

Battle eye does not ban you for all games. Like for example if you gonna hack on Ark you will not automatically be banned on all games that have battle eye. 

No of course. You will just lose your playing privileges to that particular game. Thus you will need to buy another one to play again. It is assigned to the license key. Although, i heard if you do it across multiple games, they will actually freeze your account.

Battle eye does not ban you for all games. Like for example if you gonna hack on Ark you will not automatically be banned on all games that have battle eye. 

I think it does actually? From OP's post it seems like that would be the case anyways.

I think it does actually? From OP's post it seems like that would be the case anyways.

^ This.  He literally just bought Ark today.  

OK, back to the drawing board...  When he tried to log on today the problem returned.  Server settings have not changed.  Sometimes he can stay connected long enough to move around. Then he gets booted.