Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

How to set a Procedural ARK Server Up

From the official ARK forums guide, we have devised our own guide.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/99062-quickie-procedurally-generated-arks-how-to-guide/

In order to set your game server to a procedural ARK, a few manual steps are required.

Note: We are working on a control panel based implementation of a procedural generator. Stay tuned!

Note: Currently does not work with Cluster server configurations (work in progress)

Note: The Procedurally Generated ARK system is currently HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL. Your saved Procedurally Generated ARKs will necessarily be wiped in subsequent updates as the dynamic algorithms are further developed. We only recommend using this system at the present time if you're willing to accept the frequent clearing of your Procedural ARK's save data!

• Set your game server to a Custom map from the control panel.
    2016-10-21_14h37_08.png
  • Check the Custom Launch Parameters check box if it's not already checked an copy and paste in the default param:
    2016-10-21_14h38_39.png
    Get the default launch params here and copy to clipboard.

2016-10-21_14h40_41.png
    Then replace TheIsland with PGARK
  • Save and Restart Game Server
  • Open up ARK
  • Click the Host / Local button
    2016-10-21_14h45_13.png
  • Click the Procedural ARK button at the top left corner
    2016-10-21_14h46_05.png
    Change the ARK Name to PGARK
  • Click the Host button. This process will take 10+ minutes so please be patient while it loads.
  • After it loads you need to navigate to your Steamapps folder, here's a short video on how to find that folder.
  • Navigate to the \ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor folder within your Steamapps directory and open the Game.ini file
  • Using our FTP guide (click the link to access that guide) navigate to \ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\ and open the Game.ini file
  • You can copy the entire contents of the local file (from your Steamapps directory) here, make sure that the PGMapName=PGARK
  • Start your server (recommended to use the Skip Mods and Skip ARK Update check box to speed things up from here)

Of course, let us know if you have any questions with this guide.

I followed this guide exactly.  It says my server is running and I can see it in-game.  However, when I try to connect it times out every time.  It shows the player count at 70 when it should be 10.  The map is listed as "ShooterEntry".  I'm not sure if that's the placeholder name for the procedural ARKs but it's not the name I gave it.  It's also always at time 00:00 and doesn't seem to change. 

Did I mess something up?  Is there a way to fix this?

Any idea how long before the Control Panel configuration might be implemented?

-Working Dad, need to plan my free time carefully   :)

If you think a week or so, I might wait, longer, I might spend some time on this guide.

I followed this guide exactly.  It says my server is running and I can see it in-game.  However, when I try to connect it times out every time.  It shows the player count at 70 when it should be 10.  The map is listed as "ShooterEntry".  I'm not sure if that's the placeholder name for the procedural ARKs but it's not the name I gave it.  It's also always at time 00:00 and doesn't seem to change. 

Did I mess something up?  Is there a way to fix this?

I'm having the same issue. I've tried everything to resolve it. But I have had that issue the last couple times I have had to do custom launch. Fix for this Ryan?

Let me know your game server IDs alongside your questions so that I can check to see what is wrong.

GAME SERVER ID #14370

Ryan I also generated a new PGA to verify, same issue. Do have support ticket  

in because had same problem couple days ago which is still open. But it is the same as the first post. 20 user server keeps reverting to 70 user and wont allow you to log in.

Please submit a support ticket, we're a bit overwhelmed right now but I can check in later.

Finally got it to work Ryan. You can't use a "unique identifier" when using the launch parameter string. you have to use "PGARK?". The game.ini can contain the "map name" you used to make the PGA in Host mode, more or less keep track of your maps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...