Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Never owned a Server before

Whoosdat

Ok guys seriously need help here. Is there a tutorial for running a Epoch server somewhere? I have been combing these forums for the better part of an hour but am tired and stumped. Help a old guy out and throw me a bone.

Ok guys seriously need help here. Is there a tutorial for running a Epoch server somewhere? I have been combing these forums for the better part of an hour but am tired and stumped. Help a old guy out and throw me a bone.

There is no straight guide to running epoch. It is trial and error. The few things you can do is start off with the right routine. Always backuo (save mission and server pbos) before changing things. Only add 1 mod at a time and testing each one before doing the next thing. In between adding mods and uploading etc, always save files. Always always always. If there is something specific let us know. Otherwise in forums there are guides by several modders how to do things you just have to look for it. Most important ones are pinned at the top list.

Few Guides you can click on them posted on Survival Servers forums.

Tools Needed Click Here

(Bilco did a pretty open and specific tutorial on how to pack and unpack pbo and what tools to use, i personally recommend cpbo)

If Server is not showing Click Here

If Server has issue and you get Wait for Host here is how to check for errors Click Here

Always, and always keep the staff in mind. They are always working hard so give them time to respond, in meanwhile try to resolve an issue by posting on these forums or sign up on the actual epoch website. There are still many active people doing it.

Arma2 is being updated in several mods. It is still used.

Good Luck.

Overlord I need help with everything. Lol. Lots of stuff I need to change in order to even get the game enjoyable. If you ever have time to help a brother out hit me up on steam and I will give you the info for my team speak server so we can talk.

Thanks Merlin I have downloaded all of the tools needed but still not sure on how to make myself a admin on my own server and how to open admin tools.

Do you buy Infistar with the server?

Wait, you said you have Admin Tools? like the actual mod?

If you have admin tools do this: go to where you admintools mod is, and go down to config.sqf

open it with notepad++

originally unedited you will see this

/************** Epoch Admin Tools Variables **************/

//Replace 111111111 with your ID.

SuperAdminList = [

"111111111", // <player name>

"999999999" // <player name>

];

AdminList = [

"999999999", // <player name>

];

ModList = [

"999999999", // <player name>

];

NOTE: anything after // slashes wont be read by the server. // denotes a text note to your self, so where it says player name you can put your name in that field just for reference.

Where it says SuperAdminList below is "1111111111", //change those numbers to your SteamID, you can find your steamid when you go into Arma0a2 (not dayz), and go to your player settings, there should be a large number, write that down make sure it's correctly written down and put that number into the slot.

Or

On your SurvivalServer control panel there is FTP DETAILS: click on the ip number it shows, it will pop up your server contents, go to the admin folder, than click on arma2oaserver.RPT  hit Ctrl+F to open a find box, type in your in game name, like mine would be merlin, if you were recently playing on it before the server restarted you will see a number associated with it.

Save your file, create the pbo and upload.

If it works let us know

Yes I bought infstar

Alright.

Download your server.pbo make sure in the init folder in server_functions.sqf at bottom is

#include "\Antihack\SurvivalAntihack.sqf"

if it's not, just add it.

make sure the control panel has Antihack checked and your steam ID is the first one, no spaces before or after on that UID field.

Save and pack up your server pbo and upload and restart. Antihack should be activated you can always tell by hitting esc in the game, hit

F2 to enable the menu.

As long as all steps are correct, you shouldnt have issues.

step 1. check antihack on controlpanel,

step 2 put in your UID (i showed you how to find it)

step 3 upload your server.pbo (only if the #include antihack is at the bottom of server_functions.sqf)

step 4 restart using the green button on your control panel.

Only issues that can cause it is not having the #include "\Antihack\SurvivalAntihack.sqf" or Unchecked Antihack in panel, or spaces before and after your UID when you type it in, or it's the wrong number.

Otherwise it's a SS issue and you should get Support.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2021 at 3:34 AM, dugsur said:

Lots of stuff I need to change in order to even get the game enjoyable.

You shouldn't. If you have issues let us know in a ticket. We can take a look into things to see what could be going on.