Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

how do put my common onto a drive that is not C:

jagermiester

okay so let me clear this up how do i set up my common path so i can download my mods to my Arma 2 OA folder

I guess i am not understanding the question.

1. Do you have the game already installed? : If so reinstall select another drive

2. What mods? :if you are using the survivalservers launcher or dayz launcher mods, they automatically go into the steam directory/common/etc... (there is also a setting in both that lets you change the path in settings, but you have to have steam recognize it also. I would start over)

If it's neither above only thing i can think of you want is the directory changed.

Below is tips from Steam

From Steam changing directory:

Head to Settings > Downloads > Steam Library Folders and click “Add Library Folder”. Navigate to your new Steam library folder and create a new folder within it called steamapps . Then, create a folder in steamapps called common . Head to your current Steam folder and find the folder for the game you want to move

i have 2 drives my os which i keep mostly empty so my pc runs a bit better and is uncluutered with mods and i added a ssd drive so i put all my games there and i dont know how to write a path to my drive to my common folder and i dont want to redownload to my os drive so yeah this is what i have i looked up how to do and i thinks its different this is how i wrote the path    D:\Steam Games DOWNLOAD HERE/steamapps/common is that wrong or what?

i have 2 drives my os which i keep mostly empty so my pc runs a bit better and is uncluutered with mods and i added a ssd drive so i put all my games there and i dont know how to write a path to my drive to my common folder and i dont want to redownload to my os drive so yeah this is what i have i looked up how to do and i thinks its different this is how i wrote the path    D:\Steam Games DOWNLOAD HERE/steamapps/common is that wrong or what?

First off, you can't have multidirectional brackets: \\\\ /////

Secondly ido you have steam installed on the SSD drive or did you install it on your reg drive?

Thirdly did you try the steam directory change i posted above?

From Yesterday:

From Steam changing directory:

Head to Settings > Downloads > Steam Library Folders and click “Add Library Folder”. Navigate to your new Steam library folder and create a new folder within it called steamapps . Then, create a folder in steamapps called common . Head to your current Steam folder and find the folder for the game you want to move

Seems it would be easier to recreate it on the drive you would like than all your mods should download to that area.

i don't want to put any games on my os drive all i am asking is when you click settings and click on file path settings it wants a file path to my ssd drive [D] i don't know how to type it in shouldn't survival launcher let me do that without moving my games? i just don't want to do that it messes up my system of orginization that i spent a good bit of time doing is there any other way?

i don't want to put any games on my os drive all i am asking is when you click settings and click on file path settings it wants a file path to my ssd drive [D] i don't know how to type it in shouldn't survival launcher let me do that without moving my games? i just don't want to do that it messes up my system of orginization that i spent a good bit of time doing is there any other way?

Oh sorry, i must have misunderstood that you were using the survival launcher. I dont really use it, it's just easier for me to use the reg dayzlauncher.

I know you want the ssd to have the common folder (which contains all your games). But you have to specify that in your launcher (put the path directory there), however, the way steam reads games, it has batch and run files that are associated with that specific path. Separating the lock from the key and using a wire to connect them is what you are essentially doing.

It's not worth the time, i also never tried that, so i can only assume all your games will have issues reading back to the other drive.

well  my dayz launcher doesnt work i would be using that maybe you could help me you better than the friggin support. okay here is the error .  z/addons/dayz_code,/configs/cfgworlds/intro.dayzmod/mission.sqm/intro/groups/item16/vehicles/item0.vehicles:vehicle class uh1 wreck_dz no longer exists.... 

well  my dayz launcher doesnt work i would be using that maybe you could help me you better than the friggin support. okay here is the error .  z/addons/dayz_code,/configs/cfgworlds/intro.dayzmod/mission.sqm/intro/groups/item16/vehicles/item0.vehicles:vehicle class uh1 wreck_dz no longer exists.... 

sorry, was MIA for a day or so,

did you happen to remove anything before that error? or add?

Also, did you copy your Arma2 into your Arma2OA by chance?

Lot of times, it is a define issue and the batch can't read.

Let me know.

sorry, was MIA for a day or so,

did you happen to remove anything before that error? or add?

Also, did you copy your Arma2 into your Arma2OA by chance?

Lot of times, it is a define issue and the batch can't read.

Let me know.

Actually, when you get a chance go into your steam and into your games list.

right click on Arma2 verify cache integrity, (do same for DayZmod and Arma0a2)

Launch Arma2. let it load up to the menu than exit. Do same for Armaoa2.

Afterwards join any game with similar mods (i.e. map type and dayz version)

If you get the same error

let me know on top of the other questions i asked.

sorry, it's hard to troubleshoot and wait.

If you don't mind you can always post your mission.sqm file up here (zip it), i will check to see if those files are still in there or the count on the items are wrong