Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

FAQ: Cross transfer between ARK servers with our new Cluster addon!

January definitely.

Probably not for quite some time, it's a very complex system

:sad:

Ah well, the Center is a buggy horrorshow right now anyway. I love the map layout and everything, lots of fun places to build... but there are a ton of places that are exploitable, or places you can build that tamed dinos will disappear as soon as they stasis. Just bleh.

Think I'll give a Procedural map a shot just to try it out, then probably fall back to Island/Scorched and leave well enough alone and stay with the actual official maps. Instead of the "supposedly" official map of The Center ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think I see how, As I am setting up shigoislands map I am now given custom launch perams window where you can set the mod id's for each server. If you set a map to custom you can still put in the info for stock maps and then each side can have their own mod list. I will be testing this, but maybe Ryan can confirm if I am correct.

Love, love, love Survival Servers and cluster servers! You guys are awesome for customer service and of course for server hosting, we are loving the map Valhalla on our second cluster server so much so that we got a third cluster server for Africa and Ragnarok. Can't wait to play those as well. Was just wondering when we will be able to add more then two servers in a cluster so I can combine more then two maps. I would love to have at least three maps on each cluster that way I could do just two cluster servers rather than the three that I have at the moment. Either way you guys are great and I look forward to having you guys as my server host for a very long time!

Hey Ryan, I just converted my server to a cluster but im not seeing the option to setup different mods on differnt maps. Is this possible or did I just misunderstand some of the previous commments?

• 2 months later...

Running TheVolcano as our main and Ragnarok as our cluster.. seems smooth enough.  Although, our cluster server is labeled 2| and nothing else(wish this was fixed).  Our server has a password as well so we have to upload ourselves then we vanish(cant do anything) and relog to get to our destination.

Soon as we get situated on Ragnarok more most likely change out thevolcano for something else(hope this goes smooth). 

You can modify the server title from the cluster launch params. Set both maps to Custom and modify the launch parameters. See the little info boxes on the control panel associated with the Custom Launch Parameters for detailed information and example copy+paste values for the params.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a problem where we were able to transfer characters to our Ragnarok cluster, but then characters were unable to transfer back or get on either server.  Through FTP I can see that an ark tribute file was made.  Also that a file for that player was made in the cluster folder.

Ryan (or anybody) one question that I do have is in the "Advanced Launch Params for Main Server and Cluster server, should the " No transfer from filtering" box be checked or unchecked if I WANT people to be moving back and forth. 

• 2 months later...

I have a main server set on Ragnarok, settings all allow transfer of data to and from it. I added a cluster that apparently only I can get to but does not show up for anyone else on the main server when they try to join with their survivor.

I've checked and rechecked all my parameters and settings and Nothing is out of line; I can access both cluster and parent servers with ease.

No one else is capable of transferring between and all have to create new survivors.

Quite honestly, if this has been a "thing" for this long, I would -seriously- advise in -results- before adding any more features.

This one does not work, even when set up properly.

I have a main server set on Ragnarok, settings all allow transfer of data to and from it. I added a cluster that apparently only I can get to but does not show up for anyone else on the main server when they try to join with their survivor.

I've checked and rechecked all my parameters and settings and Nothing is out of line; I can access both cluster and parent servers with ease.

No one else is capable of transferring between and all have to create new survivors.

Quite honestly, if this has been a "thing" for this long, I would -seriously- advise in -results- before adding any more features.

This one does not work, even when set up properly.

Please send a support ticket in and we will take a look at the back end to see what could be going on. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I just have purchased Clustering for my server. I would like to enable a custom mod on both servers with different settings. such as on the main server, few creatures of the mod spawns and on the clustered one different creatures. Is it possible to do so?

Help would be highly appreciated.

Yes, set both Map to Custom and Cluster Map to Custom and then add in the ?GameModIDs= to the Custom Launch Params as you see fit to each server.

All of the Mod IDs you specify in the Custom Launch Params must be specified in the Mod ID(s) input:

02rWMkc.png

• 4 weeks later...

Is there not a Way to just Reboot the cluster server rather then the main server? Because the cluster server just crashed and im forced to Reboot the main cluster as well.

Is there not a Way to just Reboot the cluster server rather then the main server? Because the cluster server just crashed and im forced to Reboot the main cluster as well.

Sadly this moment there is not but I will let Ryan know to see if it is something we can do.

• 3 months later...

Ok, so, I've had SE clustered to the Island.  In the past other players were able to see SE on the list.  Today, I finally decided to go to SE to check up on it.  I know for a fact that I have allowed transfers and downloading.  Yet, when I push the transfer to another server button at an ob on the Island, the list shows no other sever, which it should be showing one.  I have no clue if this is because SE crashed or something because there was no one on SE to tell me if it crashed or not.  Should I put in a ticket or is there something I am not doing right?

• 1 month later...

I have a question if the Admins could possibly answer.  I have an Ark Main Server set on The Island and a Cluster Server set to Scorched Earth.  Our Tribe would like to use Scorched Earth as our Primary Server now. 

1) Can I simply change the Main Server "The Island" to Ragnorak or Center and keep my cluster at Scorched Earth or

2) Should I request that the Cluster Server "Scorched Earth" save be pushed to the Main server and continue to change my cluster main map?

Thank you in advance for any help!

• 3 months later...

Hello there, 

Is it possible to have different Game.ini & GameUserSettings.ini for the different cluster servers? Or do both servers just use the one set of configuration files?

And where can I find the custom launch parameters? I do not see that option anymore