Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

FAQ: Cross transfer between ARK servers with our new Cluster addon!

Karadyn, yeah pretty much. Though it looks like toparkservers.com is seeing them correctly now and tonight I will see if the in game browser sees them separately which would make it hugely easier

Correction...  This still isn't working that well; however at this point its not SurvivalServers fault.  The names are in fact different, but it seems that the game client AND the steam client don't handle two games being at the same IP address (but different ports).  This is pretty dumb, especially for the in-game stuff, because they are the ones that made it this way!   So... Who knows.  At this point, I just hit Refresh on the favorites screen over and over until it randomly picks the server I want to join. :/

This was another bug that was fixed last evening. Restart should fix.

2016-09-15_20h14_35.png

hi im not sure if this is a bug or working as intended - i hope its a bug. i have my cluster sever sorted and travelled from the center map to the scorched earth all went well then i logged off with my toon on the scorched earth map, now when i tried to logged back in i get the make another toon screen or download  ark data which is empty ??

is it that you always have to travel back to the main map every time you want to log off - if this is so it would have been nice to be told about it 0

Ok, so i'm having a little problem i just cant seem to get my head around! 

So i have the server, i can see the server and it looks great, however when i'm ingame i once again can see the server to transfer my toon...... but the w/survivor option is all greyed out when i click on my server! Any suggestions as to what i'm doing wrong?

This would explain why, you need to uncheck Prevent Download Characters

2016-09-16_13h12_34.png

but wouldn't that allow people to just spawn in whatever level character they want onto the server from any other server? i.e create a toon/dino in single player, upload it and send it onto this server to cause chaos? Cause i like the idea of people being able to bring S.E Dinos back with them to the island?!

Not if you have this option checked

2016-09-16_15h21_41.png

(toggle is in Advanced Launch Params tool)

Not if you have this option checked

2016-09-16_15h21_41.png

(toggle is in Advanced Launch Params tool)

Fantastic Ryan..... As always, amazing work from SS :)

Ok, so I have this in my Game User Setting:

NoTributeDownloads=true
?PreventDownloadSurvivors=False
?PreventDownloadItems=False
?PreventDownloadDinos=False
?PreventUploadSurvivors=False
?PreventUploadItems=False
?PreventUploadDinos=False

I have the SE server listed when I go to join SE at an Obelisk, gives me option to spawn in click where I want.. and game locks up.. so then I try to go in in through the server listings since it says that is where I am at.. and I can not connect at all ??

Any ideas ?

Ok, so I have this in my Game User Setting:

NoTributeDownloads=true

?PreventDownloadSurvivors=False

?PreventDownloadItems=False

?PreventDownloadDinos=False

?PreventUploadSurvivors=False

?PreventUploadItems=False

?PreventUploadDinos=False

I have the SE server listed when I go to join SE at an Obelisk, gives me option to spawn in click where I want.. and game locks up.. so then I try to go in in through the server listings since it says that is where I am at.. and I can not connect at all ??

Any ideas ?

You have invalid syntax, remove the question marks from the beginning if you are putting these launch parameters in your configuration.

okay removed the ? .. I had added them because that is what WildCard had.. load in screen switched to the SE screen after picking my spawn point.. game locked up and then a time out. With the way Survival Servers have the cluster setup.. do I still need

"ShooterGameServer.exe ScorchedEarth_P?SessionName=MySession1?AltSaveDirectoryName=Save1 -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=mycluster123
ShooterGameServer.exe TheIsland?SessionName=MySession2?AltSaveDirectoryName=Save2  -NoTransferFromFiltering  -clusterid=mycluster123"

from WildCard even though no one could use that is they used a hosting company originally ?

My cluster server isnt showing up.  Followed all the steps, did 2 restarts, second server doesn't show.  Further, trying to connect to it directly via the link in the control panel takes me to a page that says "this server does not exist (yet)"

Anyone running with MODS on a cluster setup with no problems?  My players just started asking for some mods to be installed (currently we don't run any) and server keeps hanging or crashing when I try to use them with the mod ID number in the control panel.  I do NOT have the custom launch options selected, it seemed like I didn't need to except in specific circumstances.

Being there are issues with scorched earth and mods, I can't really tell if scorched is the problem, the cluster is the problem, or my configuration is the problem.  The mod I was trying to use first was death helper since it seemed to be kept pretty up to date and is one of the more requested mods.

Anyone running with MODS on a cluster setup with no problems?  My players just started asking for some mods to be installed (currently we don't run any) and server keeps hanging or crashing when I try to use them with the mod ID number in the control panel.  I do NOT have the custom launch options selected, it seemed like I didn't need to except in specific circumstances.

Being there are issues with scorched earth and mods, I can't really tell if scorched is the problem, the cluster is the problem, or my configuration is the problem.  The mod I was trying to use first was death helper since it seemed to be kept pretty up to date and is one of the more requested mods.

hello i have a center map + sc cluster running with 17 mods on it and apart from the other day whe a few mods broke 99% of the time mods working fine 

Awesome, thank you. Good to know mods and scorched earth and clustering are all confirmed working, which means it was either my configuration setup or the mod specifically being a pain in the rear exit port.

Do you just have the MOD ID's on your control panel page with no custom launch params or do you have to use custom launch params to get them to correctly load?

Hi there ive put a ticket up to convert our second server to a cluster, but ive yet to have a response on when this will be sorted or what needs to be done next.

just so i'm clear i cant set up a cluster with an existing server i would have to essentialy purchase a new cluster and transfer the game data?

I added a cluster to my existing server. Just go to Add-ons and select the Cluster option. Make sure you enable dino/item/survivor download and upload so you can move between your Prime server and the Cluster.

just so i'm clear i cant set up a cluster with an existing server i would have to essentialy purchase a new cluster and transfer the game data?

I did the addon for my server to get a cluster server added on with no issue.  I think what they mean is you can't own 2 servers seperately that are already running, then decide to cluster them together after the fact.  At least not without their support guys setting it up manually on their side for you.  The web interface automates the cluster addon because its just making some fresh new directories and modifying the config and startup, using your existing server's settings, etc.  The new clustered instance you purchase is effectively the same as ordering another new server, just swtiched around a bit.

Do you just have the MOD ID's on your control panel page with no custom launch params or do you have to use custom launch params to get them to correctly load?

i just used the mod id's 

Question on the cluster server addition:
Can we take a previous backup point of the server and apply it to the newly added cluster?

About a week ago we stopped playing on the Scorched Earth map and returned to The Island. After adding on the cluster to our current server can we have the cluster map (which will now be scorched earth) revert to a backup save from when we were playing on that map with the main server?

I assume since it is the same server that was playing on the SE map a few weeks ago we can keep our progress on the current map (The Island), and when the cluster server is added we can use the backup save from when the server was on the SE map a few weeks ago.

My understanding is that you can use FTP to put whatever instance you wish on the cluster once its up and running, correct me if I am wrong as I have one and though we are still running SE the idea was to switch out occasionally and keep the Island stable

Mndfreeze,
We are running 20 mods at the moment with no issues. Happy to send mod list privately if you would like to see it

With the development kit update just being released there will be a lot of mod updates which is kinda a pain from a server admin point of view, lots of restarts to update, but I feel like they are worth it :-) you might want to give the modders a week or two to catch up first.