Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

FAQ: Cross transfer between ARK servers with our new Cluster addon!

What's a Cluster and how does it work?

The Cluster addon is a way for you to take a single game server and launch two game servers at the same time from the same directory. The only difference would be a slightly adjusted server hostname and +10 for each of the ports. You can join them separately at any time and transfer between the two worlds as well. Any of our drop down maps/expansions are worlds that you can choose from to set for both the parent game server and the Cluster. 

If you already have a game server with us, simply visit the Addons page, select the game server ID that is associated with the game server you wish to create a Cluster off of and then pay for the Cluster one time prorated cost. The cost of a Cluster is the same exact cost of your parent server. So if you have a 10 slot monthly server it would be $14.00 /mo doubled = $28.00 /mo total for both your parent game server + Cluster addon. 

It's currently not possible to convert an existing game server to a Cluster.

What happens if I have a second game server that I want to convert to a Cluster?

We can cater to this request by manually getting you set up on a parent game server. 

• Agree to terminate old server and be invoiced for any difference. We will take in mind how long your secondary game server has left in it's current cycle and apply that to the prorated Cluster addon cost. If the prorated amount of the secondary server is greater than the Cluster addon cost, no invoice will be issued. Simply create a support ticket saying you agree, provide us the primary game server ID and the secondary game server ID you wish to terminate.
  • Wait for customer to finish payment (if necessary) and confirm termination of secondary server.
  • Our staff will manually adjust your parent server to addon the Cluster
  • Our staff will migrate data from the secondary server to the Cluster and set the Cluster world to the secondary server world
  • Our staff will then terminate your secondary server and adjust recurring billing for the primary with Cluster addon

How do I configure my Cluster?

We're working on adding more options to customize your cluster game server. For now, all of the game settings/configuration is coming from the parent game server.

It will be possible to change custom launch parameters for your Cluster. It's a new feature so bare with us while we make it better in the coming days.  :wink:

When will it be possible to remotely Cluster with different IPs or directories?

We've already contacted the developers about this but have not received any official word back from them. If they do add this capability, we will add an option for separate game servers to join the same Cluster with a similar cost and ability to transfer from the local Cluster method to the new remote method. That way you pay for the resources you use and don't get stuck into any billing commitment and can enjoy the flexibility of the new method.  :mrgreen:

Can I add more than a single Cluster?

We do not have any plans to add more than a single cluster addon server.

Known Bugs / Issues

Password protected servers does nothing after clicking "Join w/ Survivor" - the transfer is made but you have to exit out of your game client and then log in to the Cluster game server. To find your Cluster game server join address, click the Info Box next to Cluster Server control panel option.

2016-09-12_10h53_29.png

After joining the new Cluster, select Download Character Data and your character should be there on the Cluster game server.

We've just recently purchased the Cluster add on for our Scorched Earth map. Since last night, the option to transfer to different Arks from the current arks has been added. However, when it opens the current browser, nothing appears. To add to this, the menu options for choosing the map of the cluster has not appeared on the control panel. I would just like some clarification as to how to proceed. At the same time, I'd like to know where the maps are located in the save files so that when I FTP into the server, I can extract them to a local directory. Thank you

I  think we need a more step by step.. I enabled the Scorched Earth Cluster.. Restarted the server with downloads on true.. and had a player try to move between worlds.. she uploaded her character data to ARK.. popped back in at lvl 1.. tried to switch to scorched earth with Join Survivor.. it just all crashes and then she comes back to The Island with a new lvl 1 character.

Edit - now she can't even join with survivor.

So far, as I understand it:  You can only enable the cluster  map from a standard map, so if you're using a custom launch, you have to turn to one of the standard maps.  

The game is currently letting you "join a cluster map' at an obelisk or loot crate, it sees the cluster map, you click 'join w/survivor' at the bottom left.  If you have a password enabled it is popping up asking for it.  But at that point everything stops. 

"uploaded her character data to ARK.. popped back in at lvl 1.. tried to switch to scorched earth with Join Survivor.. it just all crashes and then she comes back to The Island with a new lvl 1 character."

Mine is giving me the option at the bottom of the page to Download Survivor, and I'm getting my high level back, with everything as it should be, so it is uploading the character, just not connecting to the new server.

I put a ticket in on it, and I am told it is a bug with ARK at the moment, and it is being worked on by the Ark devs.   So looks like its a sit back a few and give them a chance to sort out the mess :D

Oh, I am soo tired of these bugs !!! Thanks for the info Kjarstin ! Granted with the girl going in.. I have solid proof of anything.. Might make her owner of the tribe and try it myself before I let the players on my server know we have it up and connected :D

so does that work for non password protected servers as well ?

EDIT- we use that to try to log in and I get a server not responding, and another admin gets the screen to create a new character.

I thought with this all we had to do was take our character that was already on the Island, go to an obelisk and then just click the cluster option..

Do we have to do the uploading character thing ?

And now of course I can't even bring up ark says my server is not responding, nor am I even getting an option to switch from the unofficial filter to my survivors filter... *sigh*

so does that work for non password protected servers as well ?

EDIT- we use that to try to log in and I get a server not responding, and another admin gets the screen to create a new character.

I thought with this all we had to do was take our character that was already on the Island, go to an obelisk and then just click the cluster option..

Do we have to do the uploading character thing ?

And now of course I can't even bring up ark says my server is not responding, nor am I even getting an option to switch from the unofficial filter to my survivors filter... *sigh*

Bugs are definitely frustrating, but it is a part of technology/gaming.  No matter how much testing is done, something always comes up and requires fixing!  So deep breaths and let the folks who are working their butts off and long hours figure out the fixes.  This crew has been great trying to get us the best experience available, it will get there, we just have to be a little bit patient :D

It will get better and smoother.   And the server not responding at all is probably something you should put an actual support ticket in on if you haven't already.  

maybe i am just plain stupid, but i cant find the option to choose the cluster server

i have bought the cluster and i have chosen one of the official maps but the cluster option is not there

how do i activate it?

maybe i am just plain stupid, but i cant find the option to choose the cluster server

i have bought the cluster and i have chosen one of the official maps but the cluster option is not there

how do i activate it?

I initially had this problem, but I closed out and restarted my control panel after about 10 minutes and it showed up.  Its on the right side down under Restart Interval and just above the button for Modify Server Config

I initially had this problem, but I closed out and restarted my control panel after about 10 minutes and it showed up.  Its on the right side down under Restart Interval and just above the button for Modify Server Config

okay i will try that. thx dude :)

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, or knows a solution.

I tried to add the IP for the cluster game server in Server View on Steam. It wouldn't add it as a second server, but rather changed the IP for my primary server in Favorites. No matter what I try, I can't get both to show. And now, ever since I've done that, I only get the SE map, even when I put in the IP for the main server which is running TheCenter. I removed all favorites and re-added their appropriate Game IP's, but it will only actually add one. In fact, for TheCenter, it will show TheCenter as the map, then immediately refresh on it's own to show Scorched Earth. 

The only way I can access the main map is to disable the cluster. The Scorched Earth cluster also doesn't have a #2 suffix. Just the same name as the original server.

Ticket Submitted, was just curious if anyone else had run into this.

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, or knows a solution.

I tried to add the IP for the cluster game server in Server View on Steam. It wouldn't add it as a second server, but rather changed the IP for my primary server in Favorites. No matter what I try, I can't get both to show. And now, ever since I've done that, I only get the SE map, even when I put in the IP for the main server which is running TheCenter. I removed all favorites and re-added their appropriate Game IP's, but it will only actually add one. In fact, for TheCenter, it will show TheCenter as the map, then immediately refresh on it's own to show Scorched Earth. 

The only way I can access the main map is to disable the cluster. The Scorched Earth cluster also doesn't have a #2 suffix. Just the same name as the original server.

Ticket Submitted, was just curious if anyone else had run into this.

yeah, the Steam server list DID eventually change for me, but it took a number of tries.  And it doesn't want to see them both for sure.  Hoping the patch dropping today has some fixes for the ingame so we don't have to do this happy dance every time we change.

yeah, the Steam server list DID eventually change for me, but it took a number of tries.  And it doesn't want to see them both for sure.  Hoping the patch dropping today has some fixes for the ingame so we don't have to do this happy dance every time we change.

What were you doing to get both to show up (If they did)? Just removing and adding the IP's over and over? 

Feedback for the cluster addon: works PERFECT :D thank you so much for this

Edit: Huge Problem: if i go to my second world and log off and join back in i will be in the first world without my character. 

I added Valhalla as our cluster server, the parent is SE.  When we go to the obelisk and click the button in the upper right to move to another ark, the cluster server does not show up in the list.  We have show passworded servers checked.  Anyone else run into this issue?

I did a ticket an hour ago, hopefully it's something that can be fixed.  If anyone else knows what the issue is and can respond before they get to my ticket I would appreciate it!  Thanks.

I added Valhalla as our cluster server, the parent is SE.  When we go to the obelisk and click the button in the upper right to move to another ark, the cluster server does not show up in the list.  We have show passworded servers checked.  Anyone else run into this issue?

I did a ticket an hour ago, hopefully it's something that can be fixed.  If anyone else knows what the issue is and can respond before they get to my ticket I would appreciate it!  Thanks.

There's an issue with passworded servers. They're waiting on the Arkdevs to fix it. If your server is password protected, it will hang up every time when you try to travel to the cluster server. I removed the pw from my server to allow travel for now. I have a small 10 slot for just me and some friends, and just to keep unwanted people off I gave it a very discouraging name. Worked so far.

Yea I guess that's a workaround, I don't want to remove the password because who the hell knows what kind of people will join and I don't need the grief.

We don't even see the map in the list, seems like you did before you removed the password.  I'll wait and see what the ticket response says.  Thanks for the reply though!

Ryan is this a know issue, that the game freezes while attempting to travel to a cluster on a password protected server?

It is. I was told Arkdevs are working on a solution. You'll have to remove the password to travel back and forth in game.

Fixed a bug where the server names were the same (cluster and parent) prefix is now "2|"

Correction...  This still isn't working that well; however at this point its not SurvivalServers fault.  The names are in fact different, but it seems that the game client AND the steam client don't handle two games being at the same IP address (but different ports).  This is pretty dumb, especially for the in-game stuff, because they are the ones that made it this way!   So... Who knows.  At this point, I just hit Refresh on the favorites screen over and over until it randomly picks the server I want to join. :/