Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server Status "Unknown?"

Ryan Pennington

Server became playable again after Being Unknown for most of yesterday. Stayed up for a few hours then back into unknown status.

My ticket was answered with the following: 

The reason you are seeing "Unknown" status in your game server panel is due to unexpected maintenance on the server that your game server is located on. We are currently working to resolve this issue and your game server should be online shortly.

Server is located in LA

Over 12 hours later again and still unknown. The server at this point has now been unplayable for more than half the time I've had it.

Ticket: #175575

Server:#34933

Server Status "Unknown" once again and now also stuck on update/validate.  Spent most of the day yesterday in this same "Unknown" status as well.

Server ID# 34685

Ticket # 875849

Game Server ID #35621

Was finally able to login for the first time since I bought the server and got to play for a couple of hours then just lost connection. Went to control panel and had the Server status as unknown.

Game Server ID: 34367

Bought this server couple of days ago and didn't have an issue until last night. Currently have been unable to access my server for 24 hours... I opened a ticket and have not gotten a reply. I have paid for this server for 3 months at a time.... I am already considering changing server providers if this is not resolved soon.

I also don't see how a NY hosted server has a constant 40-65 ping with no one on the server and I live in NYC.... There are servers hosted on the west coast and overseas that have better ping....

Fix these issues or I will be forced to take my money elsewhere. How am I supposed to cultivate a community with no server? My server rank and up time are decreasing making it more difficult to attract new players to my server... 

Cheers and godspeed.

Staff intervention One of our staff members is currently intervening on your server. You may not start, stop, restart, or update your game server until the intervention lock is removed.

Server ID # 34954

Think i'll give it 24 hours and if it isnt up i'm FTPing my saves and moving them to another host.

Power tripped last night causing ~ 10 machines to go down, our notifier did not catch them until just now as that was having issues too. Both are fixed.

I do apologize for the extended downtime folks. :( Everything should be back up now.

It's not

Our Ark server (#29670) has been fine up until an hour ago, but it went down and is also giving the Unknown message.

Our Conan server (#34981) has been down for most of the day now.

Opened ticket and back up within 30 min.  That was fast fix!  Thanks!  btw - have been using Servivalservers for several months and this is the first time had any problem.  Appreciate you quick support and great service. 

Server is back online, only completely trashed and reset to older map. Server stability had been turned off. Backup also screwed up. Bye bye Server,..... :sad: Thanks Survival Servers.

have had Unknown since this morning.

Staff intervention One of our staff members is currently intervening on your server. You may not start, stop, restart, or update your game server until the intervention lock is removed.

Ticket #974915

GAME SERVER ID #33159

Active task is running Your game server is currently working on task "stop" which started 02/06/2017 10:41:42 PST. Control panel functionality will be limited until this task is completed.

Support Ticket Opened [#825262]

GID: #32234

Since ~ 10a ish. Ticket opened at ~12p ish.

Patiently waiting. :)

*lol@ gonna mess up my Steam ARK average playing time of 40hrs a week.

I suspect whatever it is it is pretty darn serious. If it is truly due to the Conan game, being its new should have a new server on its own. This divides paying/prod/current customers from new game/new software.

I will say this, i am a new customer with just a few weeks and when I create a ticket (multiples in fact) they would be answered or ongoing communciation or resolved pretty darn fast. The Servers themselves are what seems to be lagfree. I love the cpanel/server config interface. I do wish it was more like ARK Server Manager that you can use on your own local server. But it works, and easy to use. The staff with my issues are friendly and have wonderful knowledge. Even Ryan took care of my needs once. Great group, great servers, great prices. But I have to say with an outage as large as this one, 1hr communication should be readily available. Being in IT myself, heck- I have to give like 15-30m updates. And communications need to come more than from twitter. We have different generations and many ways too communicate. Twitter is only good for those using it. I think a blanket message posted on all cpanels would be good. It may not be affecting everyone, but you could always add "This notice may or may not be addressed to you if your server is up".

I really hope they fix everyone's issue soon. :)

btw- update:

Server was restored on 2/6 ~8:30/8:45p and stable since. Thank you SS!

:)

Now back to my ARK addiction.

ticket 522937

id 35668

went from unknown to stopped, cant do anything right now been like this since 11:30am eastern and its now 515 pm eastern..... please help!

Active task is running Your game server is currently working on task "start" which started 02/06/2017 08:31:13 PST. Control panel functionality will be limited until this task is completed.