Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server Status "Unknown?"

Ryan Pennington

Server status: unknown

Was just finishing a hard victory from a alpha, hoping it saved lol.

Not sure what happened, but server does not seem to be respond and is giving an unknown status.

Server ID #98329

8 hours ago, jschmidt1 said:

Server ID #98329

Ticket #576935

server status stopped. After update wont start. Please fix. Have downloaded and force downloaded multiple times. 

I am getting the server updated for you now, but I was unable to find a ticket under that ticket number.

Same issue again. It is saying server unknown for the second time in 2 days.  

server Id: 99629

i didn’t make a new ticket but I responded to the previous ticket because this is a continuing issue. 

what is causing this all I got last time was issue resolved?

Server 97968

Heavy stuttering (about about 75% packet loss) started at 2100 tonight.  Server in "Unknown"  status.

This also occurred around midnight last night.

Game Server ID #90811

Server is back up a running for now, but I've had the same issues as Garrov above. Server showed a status of "Unknown" around 9PM EST today and earlier this morning around 12AM. Leading up to these events, my server also experiences heavy stuttering. I'll be leaving the server running but cannot play on it with it inconsistently stopping/restarting.

2-6-2020 @ 2040

Server 97968 is stuttering and hitching again.

Ping again shows 75% packet loss.

Restarting, forcing an update and verification brought the server up in a "Ready" state.  Somewhat troubling, as it gets rebooted daily.

Edited by Garrov
Update

Server 97968 was in "Unknown" status again.  Player informed me that it started around 1700 EST.  Server was already rebooted this afternoon, around 1400 EST.

At 2100 EST, I was getting 100% packet loss on a ping.  I rebooted the server again at 2110 EST, but it is still sitting in an "Unknown" status.

Any idea what might be behind this?  Makes no sense to me that an application crash (if this is what is going on) would shut down a virtual NIC, and make the OS unreachable.

Edit: I was making an assumption about it being application-related, as sometimes rebooting the server resolves the issue.  It does not appear to be the case, this time.

GAME SERVER ID #99719

Server has been crashing daily, often not able to restart without manual intervention before today crashing to an 'Unknown' state for several hours and any attempt to restart/reconfigure, update/validate or revert to a backup results in the server remaining in an 'Unknown' state. There are no mods, a low server population and relatively low multipliers for settings. I do not believe that under these circumstances the game is so unstable as to warrant this level of downtime so I can only assume a hardware issue.

Server 99629 is down again for the 3 time in 2 weeks.  It is saying that it has an unknown status again and is not allowing a start or stop or a restart of the server. 

Ticket # 460326 hope this can be resolved quickly with some answers as to why it's happening. 

• 1 month later...

GAME SERVER ID #103072

Server status Unknown 😧 

as of 6:56 decided to post because it seems this problem can last a couple hours?

Edit: 7:24pm server reverted back to stopped, launching server again :o

Edited by allthemudkips