Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server Status "Unknown?"

Ryan Pennington

Server status "Unknown" since last night. 

Game crashed while playing and I was unable to log back in, the server not even showing up as an option.  When I went to check the state of the server, I had a difficult time logging into the control panel and when I finally did, I received that status.

Game Server ID:  #25925

Our server was down for 14 hours with "Status Unknown".

Support ticket seems to have fixed the problem... 

Reason provided was that "Unexpected Maintenance on the server where our server is hosted".  I have to be honest.... "Unexpected Maintenance" for 14 hours is absurd in this business without any information provided before, or during this 14 Hour period.

Hour 1... or how about 5 minutes into this "unexpected maintenance" all server admins should have received some form of notification.

I don't even have answers for all the people playing on the server as to what is happening... this makes ME look bad, and Survival Servers look worse.

A little communication goes a LOOOONG ways.

I completely agree with "Gamer".  I haven't had my server for over a month but my downtime has been ridiculous.  If the servers are down for 14 hours you NEED to let people know.  I have a decent group of friends who count on the server being healthy....At this rate they wont be playing long, eliminating my need to even rent a server.   Nothing shows you care like a generic post when you wait 2 days to get a reply back from sending support ticket.  

Again, a little communication goes a long way..... stop keeping is in dark

I do apologize that the networking issues the other night were miscommunicated by one of our staff members as "unexpected maintenance."

That was not true. There was a network issue caused by one of our datacenters for 90%  of those issues and the other 10% was a crashed machine that took extra time to bring back online (the 14 hour issue as mentioned previous) There was no excuse for it taking 14 hours to be brought offline and I am investigating ASAP with our night shift why it was not brought online sooner.

Anyone who posted on here please submit a support ticket and reference this thread and you will be compensated 3 free days for that. I do apologize.