Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

How to wipe server

Ryan Pennington

If you want to wipe your Rust server (buildings, blueprints, character data), try the following method:

1. Stop server
  2. Using an FTP client, delete the .db files fromĀ /server/experimental/
  3. Go to theĀ /server/experimental/save/ directory and remove any folder there
  4. Start server

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Does this mean delete all files/folders inside of the server/experimental folder? A more step by step would be appreciated with new changes with Rust. i also do not have .DB files.

• 2 weeks later...

Ryan as i posted before, with the changes of how to wipe due to updates. Any response to my previous question?

Ā 

"Does this mean delete all files/folders inside of theĀ server/experimentalĀ folder? A more step by step would be appreciated with new changes with Rust. i also do not have .DB files."

My wish list:

Ā 

A wipe button in the control panel that wipes the server instantly. Acting sort of like the start/stop/restart buttons which we already have.

That way when I have had a few to many, I don't delete needed files by mistake. :geek::shock::-o

I wiped mine today and what he said worked just fine. I shut down the server first. Then I deleted all the files inside the /server/experimental folder. All of them. Then I ran the update in the control panel and the server restarted. Once I joined the server with the Rust Client, all the files showed up on the FTP. I had no problems

Ā 

NOTE: I did have to make admin/moderators again, using the F1 panel and these:

Ā 

global.ownerid "SteamID"

Ā 

global.moderatorid "SteamID"

To Wipe your server (ONLY THE MAP) use the following steps.

Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  1) Stop your server on the control panel.

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  2) Go to your server directory. (you can use FileZilla for this step)

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  3) Go to Ā server/yourservername/experimentalĀ  and delete MAP-file and SAV-file.

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  4) Then go back to your control panel and choose Yes, run update/validate at the Rust Update tap.

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  5) (optional)Ā You can change the seed and the size of the map.

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  6) Start the server and you will have a brand new map and all your plugins if you had one.

Ā 

This worked for me. If oyu have any questions or problems feel free to reply.

• 2 months later...

Can this information be updated with an official answer on how to wipe the server world files with the new version of Oxide. Old methods dont work properly anymore.

• 5 months later...

I'd like to know how to wipe blueprints a user has learned.Ā  I know based on the updated system this is possible since they said blueprints wont wipe on server resets if the can avoid it.Ā  I ve look on the oxide forums and it seems the locations those people are listing don't exist pm survival servers ftp clients. Anyone found out where they are?

To Wipe your server (ONLY THE MAP) use the following steps.

Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  1) Stop your server on the control panel.

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  2) Go to your server directory. (you can use FileZilla for this step)

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  3) Go to Ā server/yourservername/experimentalĀ  and delete MAP-file and SAV-file.

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  4) Then go back to your control panel and choose Yes, run update/validate at the Rust Update tap.

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  5) (optional)Ā You can change the seed and the size of the map.

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  6) Start the server and you will have a brand new map and all your plugins if you had one.

Ā 

This worked for me. If oyu have any questions or problems feel free to reply.

I have followed your steps and if you have wipe the map but when i change the seed the same map still comes out but wiped. I change the seed in the panel board but it does not change it, can someone help me?

Ā 

EDIT - SOLVED- : I have already solved adding these lines in Launch Parameters Line:

+ server.worldsize 4000 + server.seed 80000
Edited by ets2mod

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

To either fully wipe your Rust server or wipe blueprints only, you will need to login to your server through FTP. You may found a download link for WinSCP here: http://winscp.net/eng/download.php

Stop your server from the panel
Log in to FTP using WinSCP (a free FTP software) using the connection details found in the "FTP Details" section of the game server control panel
Navigate to the directory you wish to upload or edit a file.
To wipe blueprints only, delete the following file:
/server/experimental/player.blueprints.3.db
To wipe the entire server, delete the entire server following folder found at the top level.
Once you are done, restart your game server.
If you run into any issues with this method please let us know by submitting a support ticket!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...