Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

How Will We Be Effected By TheCenter Becoming Official Tomorrow?

Constantine

Some people are dealing with this: f48439d9a95c0a72be0b783dbf1306fd.png

And others are dealing with this (sorry, it wouldn't let me actually post the image)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=686538196

You forgot to download DLC for The center map

my players got the same problem, patch 241 or 241.1 did not come with DLC package. You need to download DLC for map The Center separately

Link to check or download DLC >>> http://store.steampowered.com/app/473850  <<<

You don't need to move anything.

You can use TheCenter or /Game/Mods/TheCenter/TheCenter

I got mine updated and running fine now but as a note when i used TheCenter  in the command line i would get map mod failed to install when trying to connect but it works fine when using /Game/Mods/TheCenter/TheCenter

All working fine just have to remove all the respawned tree's/rocks in bases.

Thought I would share my experience.

You forgot to download DLC for The center map

my players got the same problem, patch 241 or 241.1 did not come with DLC package. You need to download DLC for map The Center separately

Link to check or download DLC >>> http://store.steampowered.com/app/473850  <<<

Not my screenshots :) But neither me nor my admin downloaded the DLC. I just didn't update my server. I froze it until I knew what to change (per Ryan's instructions), then put in the corrected launch parameters, then updated the server and all is perfectly normal and nothing out of place (so far, thank goodness!) :)

Some people are dealing with this: f48439d9a95c0a72be0b783dbf1306fd.png

And others are dealing with this (sorry, it wouldn't let me actually post the image)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=686538196

I'm dealing with the same issue on my server... *UGH* I'm attempting to do the DLC through Steam to see if that helps....

Is there an official resolve for this issue?

Yeah you *HAVE* to download the DLC from the steam store page, even if you played it before.  Just had this issue on my server as well.  We made our base in the middle big ruins around 70,50 and it was compleely missing when we loaded in, but we could walk where it was and our buildings were sitting on top of thin air..etc.

Yeah you *HAVE* to download the DLC from the steam store page, even if you played it before.  Just had this issue on my server as well.  We made our base in the middle big ruins around 70,50 and it was compleely missing when we loaded in, but we could walk where it was and our buildings were sitting on top of thin air..etc.

We both selected the same area for our base :D

This is a known issue among other texture issues right now. Sent all the information along to the devs.

Anyone confirm that downloading the DLC fixed the issue? I have it already installed so I can't really confirm/deny.

I have not had any ground texture or missing items show up on the server.  However the underworld is now underwater.  I've shut down the server until that is resolved, we don't want to lose any dinos to drowning.  I did run the DLC content and update the server before I logged in with 241.1.

It has also been suggested that you must remove the MOD data before you launch the game, this is possibly causing some of the issues with textures.

This is a known issue among other texture issues right now. Sent all the information along to the devs.

Anyone confirm that downloading the DLC fixed the issue? I have it already installed so I can't really confirm/deny.

One of my players logged on w/o DLC, had the odd texture issues. She's downloading the DLC now, I'll update when she's done and gets back in :)

I downloaded the DLC from the steam store, updated my server to 241.1, and the textures are completely messed up, no structures, no trees. For the custom launch parameters on the map /Game/Maps/TheIslandSubMaps/TheIsland? should it mirror the "/Game/Maps/TheIslandSubMaps/TheIsland?" that was used for The Island just adjusted to the Center path?

I downloaded the DLC from the steam store, updated my server to 241.1, and the textures are completely messed up, no structures, no trees. For the custom launch parameters on the map /Game/Maps/TheIslandSubMaps/TheIsland? should it mirror the "/Game/Maps/TheIslandSubMaps/TheIsland?" that was used for The Island just adjusted to the Center path?

It should be /Game/Mods/TheCenter/TheCenter?

I'm having a lot of difficulty with my server after attempting to convert to the Center map. 

I am an absolute noob at this I'm just running a small 10 slot server for friends and I to play.

After following the instructions i found well at least i think i followed them, my server shows on the ARK list as a 70 slot server with ShooterEntry listed as the map, and it times out every time I try to log on. I'm going to list what i put in the custom launch parameters as well as the mods I'm running, if the more experienced admins could take a look and let me know what I've done wrong it would be greatly appreciated.

TheCenter
Multihome=192.111.144.218?Port=18115?QueryPort=18116?SessionName=Trog Island?MaxPlayers=10?listen?ServerPassword=wardogz?ServerAdminPassword=xxxxxxx?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=18117?AltSaveDirectoryName=SavedArk11548

MODs are :
(6th) 651418924   NPC Bush People V4 Primative
(5th) 681746361   ArK Fog Remover 
(4th) 543859212   Auto Torch
(3rd) 632091170   No Collision Structures
(2nd) 539464369   Advanced Architecture 
(1st)  572277026   ARK Advance 9.1

Thanks again for any help. 

The lack of textures is the DLC download or lack there of...  Mine was fine but a friends download although it said complete really wasn't... he logged and reloaded after a bit and he was good to go... Some people seem to have no issues, just launch the game and go..

Try this Alpinmike

Paste in the Launch Parameters Line

Game/Mods/TheCenter/TheCenter?Multihome=192.111.144.218?Port=18115?QueryPort=18116?SessionName=Trog Island?
MaxPlayers=10?listen?ServerPassword=wardogz?ServerAdminPassword=xxxxxxx?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=18117?
AltSaveDirectoryName=SavedArk11548?GameModIDs=572277026,539464369,632091170,543859212,681746361,651418924

Paste in the Mod ID(s)

I'm switching the server from Valhalla to theCenter.   took out the map ModID for Valhalla, changed the command line and restarted the server. I deleted the local TheCenter MOD folder, unsubscribed to the mod, then restarted steam.  I'm still getting a version mismatch error.  Server and client are both updated.  Any thoughts?

I'm switching the server from Valhalla to theCenter.   took out the map ModID for Valhalla, changed the command line and restarted the server. I deleted the local TheCenter MOD folder, unsubscribed to the mod, then restarted steam.  I'm still getting a version mismatch error.  Server and client are both updated.  Any thoughts?

2016-05-17_13h23_30.png

Some of my members are trying to join the server and getting an error "Failed to load mod map"

They have done the DLC and updated everything.

What is your game server ID?

I did an update and now everyone is having the issue.

I noticed that the map had "Custom" selected.. I changed this to The Center and entered the mod IDs in the Mod ID section... Server is restarting now....

This won't wipe the server... will it?

^^ you had your launch params wrong. Fixed.

My server says it's stopped at the moment, is it being worked on now, or is it ok to start?