Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Is anyone working the ticket queue?

CBonde

Yes we do and we advertise 12-24 max response time which is always the case. :)

And this is the BIG downside of this site to be honest. Your server are blazing fast. Anyway mine is. But when you have a problem and cant do nothing due to your ftp services being down. 12 -24 is ridiculous. You guys should hire someone to help you. You would probably get better review. Your support is one of the slowest on earth. But i think you guys dont care that much as you know that we will stay with you cuz the server are fast compare to some other hosting. Sorry if you think i am being rude. i am simply posting an opinion on your awnser to this guy. You should upgrade your support.

The type of support that's required for game server hosting is simply not possible to increase easily.

We probably have among the fastest support turnaround times and people still say we should do better. 12-24 hours is the maximum and that's usually on more complex issues or ongoing backend/technical issues.

People are paying as low as $9 a month for a server here, it's not as simple to hire quality support engineers when the amount of work we throw at those $9 a month customers to be cost competitive. Other hosting companies throw a bunch of inexperienced, low paid interns (or even non-paid) into their support queue and I personally think this is bad business. We have a small team of experts that work to fix issues not response blindly quickly - and they are all on salary, with benefits, health care, etc and getting paid well for their expertise. I will not allow anyone on our support team that does not have the passion for helping customers and has a minimum of 5 years of experience in the support / gaming industry. Trust me, that's not easy to quickly find.

It should get better as we scale towards becoming a larger company. Hiring full time staff in European time zones is definitely a next step measure we'll be taking, but it will take time.

• 1 month later...

I will not allow anyone on our support team that does not have the passion for helping customers and has a minimum of 5 years of experience in the support / gaming industry. 

This is good to read.   I would much rather wait a few hours and have my issues addressed by a pro who knows what he's doing than have some entry-level call center noob googling every third word in my support ticket to try to wrap his head around what it is I'm dealing with.

• 5 months later...

People are paying as low as $9 a month for a server here, it's not as simple to hire quality support engineers when the amount of work we throw at those $9 a month customers to be cost competitive.

I refuse to accept that as a viable answer.  Again, I really want to help you guys out, so I want to tell you how it honestly is.  I would be MORE than willing to pay an extra $5-$10 dollars for "prioritized support."  There are ways around it.  That's how it works in the world; the more you pay, the better support you get.

Also, that being said, the customer comes first.  New customers should get prioritized support in an effort to get their server up and running.  If that happens, you'll have reviews out of this world and you'll have a heavily increased business amount.  By doing that, you're leaving a "positive" taste in the customer's mouth where they are more willing to work with you in the future.  Right now, I've been waiting almost 24 hours for a reply and I still haven't gotten my server to the point where I need it yet.

Edit: Maybe a better solution would be the lower amount you pay, the more it would cost for prioritized support.  That would be a perfectly fine option too.  Again, I wouldn't mind paying an extra $5/month for ticket prioritization.  To admit that there isn't something wrong here isn't the mindset you should have when you're running a company.