Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Custom maps

icepick42

Want to use server to host a custom map, but don't have access to oxide startexample.bat to change map name. Thought this may be for server host name, but got the $5 debranding in the hopes that would unlock it to no avail. Any word on when i may be able to change the map.

• 4 weeks later...

Could i have this launch param i cannot figureo ut how to load the map from the unity sdk  i have it FTP'd  into the map directory  but i cant get the server to launch the map Help plz

ye i got a testmap that was already in their to switch but i cant get my map Spears to show up  even when i enter   connect <my ip > it still dosent load am i doing something wrong?

ok i edited one of the devs test maps i got it to work and conected but like 10 seconds later i get kicked because its not connected to eac  i tried the enableeac 0 and 1   with no luck even tried  running the game wihtout eac no luck  and i tried   Host 12971 seantest  enableeac0      with no luck also

?????????????? even my other topic got removed i just want my map up ?

You basically created a duplicate topic of this one.

If you are having in depth issues please open up a support ticket or reply to your existing ticket.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this will help any, but from what the devs posted it appears you need to add this to launch parameters

host 12871 mapworkshopID

The map workshop ID is the numbers at the end of the URL when you go to a map in the workshop

From the devs 

"Workshop 
This patch also contains the first release of our Steam workshop integration for maps. 

Servers running custom maps can be joined by anyone, and the map will automatically download before connecting. 

To host using a custom map, simply specify the workshop file id in as the map in the format of: 

Your server will download the map from workshop and host as usual. 
  host 12871 w-663477235"

So I think you need to upload your map to workshop, get the workshop ID, and then you should be able to do the rest. So if your map's workshop is steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=668102839&searchtext= Then you'd add this to your launch parameters

host 12871 668102839

I have not messed with this myself as of yet, but I figured I would try to help based on how the devs explained it.

• 1 month later...

//Edit

This actually works. It just says Diemensland on the control panel.

I also seem to be having issues with this.

First of all, I don't want to add my map to steam workshop just yet. It's not finished, and long story short - I need to host it on your server in order to playtest and bugsort it before it eventually gets released to the public on steam.

- I've uploaded the .map files for all platforms to the FTP directory: Hurtworld_Data>maps

- I'm running this Custom Launch Parameter: host 12871 terrabug; addadmin 76561198031036083; creativemode 1;

Server ID: 18795

(IP: 62.4.22.137)

• 1 year later...

What are the Launch Parameters to add Workshop Mods?

EDIT: After some research I found the Steam Workshop Mod line in the Hurtworld Wiki: loadmod ########## ########## Only separating the Mod ID's with spaces.