Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Not showing in official server list? How to find and join your server methods

If you cannot find yours server in the Unofficial in-game list

• Continue to wait - you can use alternate methods of joining your server until the ARK Official Server List finally starts fetching your server (unfortunately we don't know how long or any ETA)
  • Make sure you are selecting "Show Password Protected" if your server is password locked
  • Make sure you are searching the Unofficial drop-down

This is a KNOWN issue with the Steam API, which is what ARK uses to fetch the server list. If it simply does not continue to show, we can offer to offer you to another machine as that would be the only secondary way to get it done.

Alternate methods of joining your server

1. Direct Command via CMD - If you are somewhat tech savvy, you can run a command via the Windows command prompt (can be opened by hitting the Start button, type cmd, and press enter) - may need to be tweaked based on your Steam folder location:
  2. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGame.exe" +connect <<SERVERIP>>:<<SERVERPORT>>

or if you have a password protected server

3. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGame.exe" +connect <<SERVERIP>>:<<SERVERPORT>> +password "PASSWORD"
  4. Steam browserhttps://www.survivalservers.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1424-how-to-find-and-join-an-ark-server-in-steam-browser/

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!  I am terribly inexperienced with this.  However, since the battlenet update i have been unable to access my sever.  I downloaded the launcher as recommended and it does not show my server.  It does tell me that i have no compatible games and i need to check my common path.  Like i said, terribly inexperienced, and I'm at a loss as to what that means.  Server has been running for a month almost and only myself and another gentleman are having this issue while the other 6-8 people can log on with minimal issue.  Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.  My experience with Survival Servers has been outstanding so far.

-MaD

Hello!  I am terribly inexperienced with this.  However, since the battlenet update i have been unable to access my sever.  I downloaded the launcher as recommended and it does not show my server.  It does tell me that i have no compatible games and i need to check my common path.  Like i said, terribly inexperienced, and I'm at a loss as to what that means.  Server has been running for a month almost and only myself and another gentleman are having this issue while the other 6-8 people can log on with minimal issue.  Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.  My experience with Survival Servers has been outstanding so far.

-MaD

I think a support ticket would be best suited for this individual level of help. We'll get you squared away over at our support ticket system :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just one more way to connect to your UnOfficial server:

1.) Go to your ShooterGame.exe and right click it and make a shortcut. (For me it is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64)

2.) Right click ShooterGame.exe (It may say ShooterGame with APPLICATION next to it instead of ShooterGame.exe) and make a shortcut

3.) Cut and paste the newly created shortcut onto your desktop

4.) Right click the new shortcut and click properties.

5.) Inside the TARGET box enter your IP/PW like this (example):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGame.exe" +connect IPADDRESS:PORT +password "PASSWORDHERE"

6.) Run the shortcut. It will launch the game and say it is waiting for an invite or connecting to direct host and press ACCEPT. It should connect you to the server you entered above.

• 2 months later...

Just one more way to connect to your UnOfficial server:

1.) Go to your ShooterGame.exe and right click it and make a shortcut. (For me it is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64)

2.) Right click ShooterGame.exe (It may say ShooterGame with APPLICATION next to it instead of ShooterGame.exe) and make a shortcut

3.) Cut and paste the newly created shortcut onto your desktop

4.) Right click the new shortcut and click properties.

5.) Inside the TARGET box enter your IP/PW like this (example):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGame.exe" +connect IPADDRESS:PORT +password "PASSWORDHERE"

6.) Run the shortcut. It will launch the game and say it is waiting for an invite or connecting to direct host and press ACCEPT. It should connect you to the server you entered above.

I would really love to use this! I tried to set it up like this and it comes back with a message "Newwork Failure Message" "unable to query server info for invite."

Any idea?

After several days the server I have doesnt show up in ARK Official list.  I used the above methods like adding +1 to the port and could find it in Steam Server list and added to favorites.  However there is no way for someone to find my server using ARK without me having to say something.  This is rather silly cause other hosting companies have no issue with this.  So what are you guys doing differently?  Is there some sort of workaround without me having to advertise or tell people?

Thanks in advance

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello !

Can you help me with the following matter ?

I've setup the ARK PVE server but i do not understand why is not appearing in the in game search servers list at PVE section instead of PvE how is now !? Can you point me the settings i should do to appear in that PvE search list instead of PvP ?

Thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is a Steam related bug (according to the devs) and they have not taken any action to fix this since the game launched.

Ryan, do any of your servers show up in the list?

If so then what can be done so that ours show up? Can we try different ports? I absolutely LOVE the tools and the freedom that you give us for hosting our own but it is really important that others can see my server. I know how to join and so do my friends but we want complete strangers to be able to join too.

Can anything be done on your end? I just left a host where our server showed up just fine from day 1 so I know it can be done, but they severely limited what I had the ability to do and changing/adding mods was a nightmare.

I hope my post doesn't come off as dickish, I don't want it to be. I just want my server to show up and would like to work with you to do whatever is necessary so that it is.

Yes lots of our servers show up.

There's absolutely nothing we can do. The issue is known, on Valve's end, and they have yet to release any information or statement about it since Steam API was released for server list support.

I will also add that this has nothing to do with hosting provider and is based in hard data obtained from the developers of ARK that I regularly talk with.

Thanks Ryan.

So nothing at all that we can try? New ports? Moving from Dallas to North Carolina? If it works for some then it should work for others if you change things up.

I do understand you are saying it has nothing to do with anything set incorrectly by the host (you) but instead has to do with the Steam API. I am just hoping some changes on your end or renaming the server might trigger something to make it show up.

It is very frustrating.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Huh, So I've been playing for about 2 hours, hop off to go check if my Skyrim install worked and wanted to go back on as my partner and my friend are on currently taming a creature and for some reason I can't seem to join the server - can't join it through the server listings via Steam > View > Servers as it says that there is no game session running at this time. I tried to join via join game link on one of the two currently in the server and it says that the server is unresponsive.... I checked everything and it's supposedly up to date. But I can't see the server on the list within my favourites anymore nor can I find it in the list? 

• 2 weeks later...

I just had my server switched. The first server showed in the Ark Session menu but, not now. This is a Steam issue? Other domain servers don't have the problem but, Survivals does? How so? It works once but, not twice? C'mon now.

I just had my server switched. The first server showed in the Ark Session menu but, not now. This is a Steam issue? Other domain servers don't have the problem but, Survivals does? How so? It works once but, not twice? C'mon now.

The issue lays with how the ARK devs call in the servers. We sadly are not the only ones that have this issue as other companies have the same thing happening :(. The game pulls in game servers from steam differently than other games. They tend to pull in servers at random throughout the day and a few at a time. If your server was recently switched it will have to be re cached by the game.

https://toparkservers.com/

That website is an amazing way to find your server till it gets re added to their list. That is also a site a lot of players use to find servers.

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried the Survival launcher and TopARKServers to no avail. Nothing seems to find the server except the RCON app (ARKon) and the dashboard. Both appear normal. The server is up-to-date a/o 272.1, the client is also updated. Any further advice would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Hi there, read all the comments on here, we moved from France to Germany about a month ago and it only shows on Ark for me and one other, the other methods of joining are absolutely fine and never have issues with Arkon,

but it does mean that strangers can't join, meaning i'm limited to me and like 3 others without going out and telling people - is there nothing that can be done? I don't want to move back to France as it will cause too much hassle for me and my current players,

Many Thanks - Jaya