Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

just looking for a control panel user guide to values

Gabeus

really just looking for a how to guide to changing values in the control panel server config for things like levels, day night, harvest rate, tame, exp gain, etc. just want to put a quality sever up for my friends and i. looking to kind of "roncoing" the server (you know set it and forget it) just do maintenance, install a couple mods and then have fun with my friends. i love ark and ive done a lot of research and SS seems to be the best over all for doing this but i am new to the whole server admin thing and very green at changing the values. i am not going at this via .ini but am using the tools that SS give you on the control panel. any and all help would be great even if its a link to a page or a doc that i have not found yet.

in advance to any and all non troll replies: thank you very much, and happy what ever it is you celebrate... even if its the great t-rex on the hillside.

gabeus 

haha, 3rd times a charm aye?  It's easier than you think, and most of the stuff in the panel has the description right there.  Closest I ever found to a guide was this site: http://arksurvivalevolved.gamewalkthrough-universe.com/dedicatedservers/customizationtools/Default.aspx

For instance:

Levels: it shows the level number, xp required, and engrams given per level.  To add more, just click add level, and then add in the xp/engrams.  If you're not certain how much xp should be there, just look at the previous few levels and whip out the calculator.  Be sure to find the spot that has "Override Max Experience Points Player" (and also dino).  Change that to the max xp of your choosing (highest level xp that you entered).

Day/Night: These values are Speed (even says speed right on there).

DayCycleScale: Raising value will make the cycle go faster, so days/nights are shorter.  Lowering will make cycles slower so days/nights are longer.

DayTimeSpeedScale: Raising makes the day go faster, lowering makes the day go slower

NightTimeSpeedScale: same as above

Harvest Rate: Look for "Harvest Amount Multiplier" Higher number = more resources per harvest.

Tame: Look for "Taming Speed Multiplier" Higher number = quicker tames

Experience: Look for "XP Multiplier" Higher number = more xp gained

Each of these has a description right under it that makes it pretty easy to remember.  Once done, hit the big Orange button at bottom for Save & Restart.

Modding: This is done in the main Control Panel area, and NOT in the Modify Server Config part.  Nifty enough, you click the little "i" button, and it gives you info on how it's done.  This box is where you enter the Mod ID number from the Steam Workshop.  Quite easy to find the number as it'll be the end of the url link.

Find the mod you want, look at it's URL, and you'll see "id=0123456" at the end.  You just want the 0123456 number.  Put that into Mods box.  Separate each mod number id by a comma.  123,456,789,0123,45687846,2468,3468 - just like that.

Key thing to do before you touch any mods or the server config.  Hit STOP on the server (Control Panel area).  Wait a minute or two to give it time to do its thing, then add your mod numbers or do your config, hit Restart (Big green button at bottom).  Don't do both of these at once.  Stop your server, do Server Config stuff, restart, then stop again, then add mods, then restart again.

Updating: Control Panel area - there's a drop down box labeled "ARK Update".  When you want to update......you guessed it - STOP the server first.  Wait a minute or two, change the dropdown and select "Yes, run update" and hit the restart at bottom.  This takes quite a bit of time so be patient and do not close the page.

There's tons more in the config area, but didn't want to throw down that much info when most of it is pretty straightforward.  If any specifics, just shout it out, or do a search.

Edit: Also forgot to mention Difficulty.  If y'all want higher level dinos, make sure to change Difficulty Offset to 1 (1 is actually the highest, and gives the 120 dinos).

Can't help much with server not loading, but support ticket should get ya.  Sometimes the initial setup can take a while (even though it says in an email that it's ready), and it can also just plain goof since it's an automated thing.  They'll set ya up soon I'm sure.

If you need any other info and can't find elsewhere, just post back.