Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Multiplayer admin cheat console not working

Dedline

Hey guys, I feel like a total noob asking this, but after researching all sites, these forums, I can not get admin cheat commands to work in the console command prompt in game on my Ark Server. Every site says just to hit Tab, enter EnableCheats <Password>. THIS does not work, it doesnt do anything. I am not sure if there is a specific password it is needing, because it doesnt tell you anywhere what to use. If you create one there, it still doesnt do anything. Can someone please expound on this feature as I need it for my server. Thanks guys

When you're on the main page for the Control Panel (on this site, not in game) there's an RCON section.  That's the password you should be using for for the enablecheats command.  Also there's not actually brackets or the arrows, it's just straight up enablecheats password.......I don't know if you're putting the <> thing, but worth bringing up just in case.

There's also not a message or ding or any sort of acknowledgement you entered it correctly.

That is the same one showing as the ARKON password. It still does nothing. Does the console command in game not recognize certain symbols? I have a # in my password. Not sure if that is the problem. Do I have to edit a ini file with my admin access or cheat access?

don't think so. I've done none of that and mine works fine...  Not sure about the # symbol in the pw... maybe simply try it without that... make a new pw without it that is...

Besides that, what are the cheat commands you're trying to use, that you know they're not working? Like, EXACTLY how are you entering them AFTER loggin in as admin and "enablecheats ******** "   Then hit enter, then "tab" and enter the admin command.  What are you or have you been trying?

So I changed my password and left out weird symbols and it works. The problem now is entering a cheat command like boradcasting a message to the server works then few seconds later the server crashes. This happens everytime i try something. Any ideas?