Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

[Experimental] Oxide mod ?

Helmer

Hey guys.. 

Im not sure how this control panel works.. but when i change it to Oxide mod and restart the server, then add my plugins to the plugins folder of the oxide folder, then nothing happens after the restart.. 

All it does is create a new map, but doesnt create any of the configuration files that the plugins were supposed to create ..

Also im not even sure that Oxide is running,, how do you tell ? is there an command ingame to tell what version and or if the mod is running ?

I hope you guys can help me with this..

It's impossible to check because Oxide doesn't log to any file..it just has a bunch of Oxide related files. Oxide does update frequently, so it's possible you caught a Rust update and then Oxide was still outdated, causing it to break. I try to get the latest version uploaded as quickly as possible after an Oxide update, but even the Oxide developers have to manually do it as well. So rule of thumb is it may take up to a day or two to get Oxide updated after a Rust update.

It just might require updating. To update you can follow this procedure:

#1 Uncheck Oxide on the control panel form and press the green Update & Restart bar

#2 Check Rust Update on the control panel form and press the green Update & Restart bar

#3 Check Oxide on the control panel form and press the green Update & Restart bar

#4 Upload & configure plugins

If this doesn't work then we need to take a look. Go ahead and open up a support ticket for further intervention. :)

Awesome that worked.. 

Now my only "problem" is to find out what file i can change / add the server description and server picture in.. Is that something you can help with too ?