Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

level cap

itwgixo

so for a week now ive had a support ticket open to find out how to increase my lvl cap to 200 for players and 250 for dinos and nohelp what so ever! so i goggled a bit and was given this code

http://pastebin.com/RRYQM05J

after adding the code my cap is still the same I'm lvl 80 and xp is stuck at 207500 can someone help

Well 2 things. A open the control panel for Survival Servers. from there scroll down and click on "modify server config" from there scroll down and look in player levels config (for players) and dino levels config (for dinos). Add levels and exp to the coresponding level of your liking. after you have done this click on save configuration and restart server. AFTER your server has FULLY RESTARTED, STOP your server. open your ftp program and navigate to your game.ini file. (for me its ShooterGame > Saved > Config > WindowsServer > Game.ini )

In the Game.ini file add theses 2 lines:

OverrideMaxExperiencePointsPlayer=275000
OverrideMaxExperiencePointsDino=71400

Now you will have to change these numbers to match the experience needed to get to the top level. Then re upload / overwrite the Game.ini file on your server with the one you just eddited. After its dun uploading/overwriting restart your server and you should be god to go.

In the Game.ini file add theses 2 lines:

OverrideMaxExperiencePointsPlayer=275000

OverrideMaxExperiencePointsDino=71400

You don't actually need to add these into the Game.ini manually. Both of these inputs are in the Modify Server Config tool both as input boxes.

d2AX4E7.png

You don't actually need to add these into the Game.ini manually. Both of these inputs are in the Modify Server Config tool both as input boxes.

d2AX4E7.png

what will this do if left blank? Unlimited levels?

• 1 month later...

I have to been trying to figure this out on my server how do you increase the rate at which your dinosaurs level same with your player while also gaining more points to level up their stats

Answered your other thread already ( https://www.survivalservers.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2184-how-to-modify-the-rate-at-which-dinos-level/ )

For adding better stats per level, look for the section in the Modify Server Conifg that says: Per Level Stat Multipliers.

You can't get more points to spend per level (just that 1), BUT, you can edit how much those stats go up so that should get you the effect you're shooting for.

• 7 months later...

my question is for wild dinos' max level. I have server difficulty set at 5 and the dinosaur level config set all the way to 121 but we only seem to find up to level 50. how do i adjust max level for wild dinos?

Difficulty Value and Difficulty Offset

Instead of fixed difficulties such as EasyMedium, and Hard, the difficulty is expressed using a number currently between 0.5 and 4.0 (or 5.0 in The Center). This number is known as the Difficulty Value and is controlled by the DifficultyOffset option. The Difficulty Offset is a floating point number with a value between 0.01 and 1.0, with a higher number representing a higher Difficulty Value. Note, however, that setting the Difficulty Offset to 0.0 will result in a Difficulty Value of 1.0. The default Difficulty Value if the Difficulty Offset is not set is 1.0.

To calculate the Difficulty Value for a specific Difficulty Offset, use the formula

DifficultyValue = DifficultyOffset * 3.5 + 0.5

and round to one decimal. To calculate the Maximum Creature Level for a given Difficulty Value, simply multiply by 30.This works because the Maximum Creature Level scales linearly with the Difficulty Value, and a Difficulty Value of 1.0 results in a Maximum Creature Level of 30.)

Values are accurate, if you experience higher levels post change to your GameUserSettings.ini then you need to do cheat destroywilddinos, then restart your server.

i run my server @ diff offset 18 but wont get any higher then 600 (but this is mod related)

To add some info about server configs...

If you get stuck on anything, you can always send me a PM if you would like. 

I love to give support in any way thats possible ( as i tested survivalservers.com), normally i run on my own dedicated servers, but the performance here is just way better then i can provide with my own hardware.

Anyhow, i wish you and all others that are experimenting with a gameserver the best of luck! 

[Might be offtopic or not but ... i read so many resolvable questions here :) ]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Example of edited Game.ini  you could use if you edited it manually via FTP

http://pastebin.com/vy2e57bw

This is You Tuber Meatylocks Game.ini for 900 player levels and 900 dino levels after tameing among other things.

Note you should stop your server before editing this way however if you just copy and paste the Bits you need into your Game.ini this way it's a LOT faster than manually adding levels one by one thru modify server config options.