Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Learning to FTP save.

Think2grow

I'm trying to learn how FTP saving my ark before updates works. So far I understand the process takes place like this:

1. "admincheat saveworld" 

2. Locate the save in my SavedArks**** folder (using filezilla) 

3. Copy the saved ark to my computer

This is as far as I've gotten. How do I make sure the players on my ark don't lose their information? I deleted the files in SavedArk**** after I copied them (this deleted many characters and removed everyone from whatever tribe they were in, lesson learned here). 

After I update, how to I make sure the saved file is the one booted from when I restart the server? Do I simply transfer it back to the SavedArk**** folder on my server and start the server? 

Please help me out with this if you can. I'm new to this but I learn quickly. 

Thank you in advance to all whom are able/willing to help! 

im not sure why you deleted the files inside the Saved folders, there is no need to delete anything inside the server when you update the server for ARK unless a mod is causing issues, in that case you would delete the mod id from the gameusersetting, if you want to create a backup just down load the entire saved folder from the server, thats what i end up doing