Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Increasing the despawn timer for player corpse bags when they die?

Valshazir

So, this is an awesome service, ive had little to no problems using it - but there is one thing bugging me so far and I am completely stumped.

When I die on my server, or someone else does, they leave behind their belongings but the belongings will despawn in 30 mins.

I need to be able to increase this, as there have been a handful of times (early game) where I lost all my stuff because I couldn't get to my corpse in time.

I  need it to be something like 4 hours, because 30 mins feels a bit too harsh, so does anyone know which value controls this, in which INI file it goes in?

I have tried the following already: GlobalCorpseDecompositionTimeMultiplier=<value>

all this does is makes mob corpses (the exploded versions) hang around longer before they despawn. I think it might affect treasure chests and the mob chunks of meat that you can harvest, but it doesn't affect players at all when they die. Reason I am asking for this feature is because I played on another server (before I got my own) and the timer to retrieve your corpse was 4 hours! This seems a lot more fair and fail-safe for players who die on my server (including myself).

Any help is appreciated!