Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Ongoing server incompatability issues

Nosebagbear

Hi all,

Have returned to Valheim and the server after a few months off. Was not able to get into Valheim at all (now fixed), but server will not start, stating it is incompatible version. 

1) Have updated Valheim+, which fixed a number of the original issues

2) Client is not using player-test build

3) Server states it's using 0.214.300 

A couple of comments as to where the issues might lie:

a) The most recent incompatibility thread below notes a disparity in the server/client player test build/standard built. That would certainly cause the issues I'm currently seeing.

b) Valheim's recent patch notes actually have 2 patches called 0.214.300, and they note in the latter that some systems are tagging the current version slightly differently, even though it's the same software. I wonder whether this could be causing the issue - the server and the client are on the same software, but think they have a different version? 

Of course, it could be neither of these - I'm hardly a pro!

Valheim+ has not been officially updated. Disabling Valheim+ for now and removing your client install should fix any issues you are having. If you have further issues, please submit a ticket.