Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Icarus server dedicated visibility

hpes

Hi,

I've set up the Icarus dedicated server and some of my friends claim that the server is often not visible on the list of dedicated servers and they need to refresh the list up to 10 times just to find it and connect. I've changed the area the server is hosted in, but it did not help much. All of them have a ping of around 20ms, so it's not their problem.

Is this a stability problem due to the server or is there any foolproof method to make the server more stable?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, since there were no answers to my question I'm going to give some info on how my friends handle the issue:

1. Reinstall the game(stupid but it works most of the time)

2. Check the files in steam(more or less the same as the point 1, but faster I guess)

3. Leave the dedicated server tab opened with the filter filled in for a few minutes and maybe it would come up on the list

• 5 months later...

When my server does this,I quit to desktop. Then run ccleaner to clean the cookies.this works for me always.

hope this helps you. i think it is a steam issue.