Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

New World Size Help!

Brenton Smith

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why I cannot change the size of the world.

I have opened the WorldGenerator.eco file and this is the area I "assume" I need to update to alter the size:

{
  "$id": "1",
  "ConfigVersion": 1,
  "MapSizePreset": "Small",
  "Dimensions": {
    "$id": "2",
    "WorldWidth": 72,
    "WorldLength": 72
  },

I have tried every way I can think of according to the links, discussion boards, and the wikis to alter this.

The ideal map size I am looking for is 140x140.

I have changed it to:

{
  "$id": "1",
  "ConfigVersion": 1,
  "MapSizePreset": "Small",
  "Dimensions": {
    "$id": "2",
    "WorldWidth": 140,
    "WorldLength": 140
  },

and multiple other variations.

After each iteration, I make sure to click the clear the saves box as well update/restart the server. What am I doing wrong?!

I figured it out. The issue wasn't with the worldgenerator.eco file. The issue was the users.v0.eco file that's generated during a server update causes it to crash. To modify a world with the current version, I had to delete the files in the /storage (game.eco, game.db, game-log.db), the backups, and the users.v0.eco. Then do a server update/restart with the worldgenerator.eco file I modified in the /config folder.