Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Mistlands - from Public Test to Default

Serrath

Howdy, folks,

Before I update my server from Public Test to Default I want to ask:  Do I need to do anything to preserve our game world?  In offline Valheim I just update the game and still login.  I want to make sure that is the same for the server.  We'd like to update to Default but do not want to lose the world currently hosted on the server.  Can anyone confirm they've gone through the process of updating from Public Test to Default on the servers and it worked just fine without wiping out their world file?

I appreciate the help.

Switching branches will wipe the server directory so the new files can be added. With that being said, you can restore a backup at the bottom of your control panel after you switch or manually save the save files using FTP first before switching branches.

36 minutes ago, Luke said:

Switching branches will wipe the server directory so the new files can be added. With that being said, you can restore a backup at the bottom of your control panel after you switch or manually save the save files using FTP first before switching branches.

Thanks, Luke.

To confirm:

1. Copy the files out of the FTP Worlds_Local folder to somewhere on my PC.
  2. On the server controls change the Map to Valheim (Default) and save/restart.
    1. Refresh the FTP connection and I'll see the Worlds_Local folder is now empty.
  3. Copy the files from my PC to the FTP's Worlds_Local folder.
  4. Restore Backup with the file I loaded into the Worlds_Local folder.
  5. Profit.