Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Modify Server config is broken

yoshi

Everytime I try to add more levels to the player cap, it always starts at lvl 0 right after lvl78. I got it to work once but unfortunatley I had to make some changes. The only way I could make the changes was by resetting all my settings to default, since a delete option isnt available. Now I am no longer able to get lvl78+ as an option for my server.

20 tries later I finally got it to work. I am able to get past lvl78 and add lvls 79, 80, 81, and so forth.....except now my server is lagging like crazy. GG

Although I have been able to finally change the player level cap in the 'Modify server config', none of the settings actually change. I can't get anythnig to save and load up anymore.....and the lag is still there. I never had this issue until tonight, after resetting my settings to default. Now nothing I change saves and loads up.

The map save I have still loads up, but no settings load with it. I have tried to edit it via ftp, and that also doesn't work. They are all marked as 0.000 for values, and there is no true/false for the other ones

Yes, thank you as always.

For the time being , configuring via FTP is working. Settings save fine and there is no server lag when manually changing/saving settings.

How do you do that using FTP sir yoshi? w/c folder wll i find the .ini that needs to be edited?

ShooterGame/Config/DefaultGameUserSettings.ini has MOST of the settings you can change. ShooterGame/Saved/config/WindowsServer/GameUserSettings.ini is the one you add commands if you don't want to use launch parameters.

Make sure your server is stopped before changing and saving the file or it may revert. 

ShooterGame/Config/DefaultGameUserSettings.ini has MOST of the settings you can change. ShooterGame/Saved/config/WindowsServer/GameUserSettings.ini is the one you add commands if you don't want to use launch parameters.

Make sure your server is stopped before changing and saving the file or it may revert.

Ty so much sir!