Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Lag Spikes during Backup

ChiliMag

At 5 minutes past the hour and 1/2 hour we get a lag spike that delays opening containers, attacking, and other actions. This seems to go on for a minute or so (presumably until our backup is complete) and then we have 29 minutes more hassle-free play.  I think this only started the last couple of weeks.  I don't think it was always a thing.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Should I open a ticket or deal with it?

SteamCMD (the tool from Steam we use to update servers) has an inherent issue with spiking CPU. There's not much of a way around that yet to my knowledge. I am going to try a few things to see if I can fix that issue, including removing file verification.

That is really good customer service.  Thanks Ryan!  I think I saw that I could change how often it backs up as well, so we might try that for a little relief.  I haven't needed to restore in the 3 months we have had the server, so probably moving that to every 2 hours should be fine.