Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Mods from Steam Workshop

Luna

So I been thinking about installing this mode if I can – but there are a few things I can’t seem to find the answer for – so I hope someone here can help me out.

The questions are more general about using modes – but the mode I am thinking about trying out first is this one http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=507648142

So what I need to figure out is:

·         If I install a mode – does those playing on the server need to have the mode to play on the server ? Or are mods run entirely server side ?

·         Does this guide still apply https://www.survivalservers.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1738-steam-workshop-mod-installation-guide-client-server-example-mod-ark-reborn/

o   If yes, do I only need to do the server side part ?

Thanks in advance

So I been thinking about installing this mode if I can – but there are a few things I can’t seem to find the answer for – so I hope someone here can help me out.

The questions are more general about using modes – but the mode I am thinking about trying out first is this one http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=507648142

So what I need to figure out is:

·         If I install a mode – does those playing on the server need to have the mode to play on the server ? Or are mods run entirely server side ?

·         Does this guide still apply https://www.survivalservers.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1738-steam-workshop-mod-installation-guide-client-server-example-mod-ark-reborn/

o   If yes, do I only need to do the server side part ?

Thanks in advance

I have not tried that exact mod, but it should work... I read the comments and see if there are folks actually running it ok

--  So what I need to figure out is:

--   If I install a mode – does those playing on the server need to have the mode to play on the server ? Or are mods run entirely server side ?

Once the mod is applied to the server, any client that connects to it will automatically download it...

--  Does this guide still apply

Yes to some point it does,

Subscribe to the mod - This will download the mod to your client. Should be located in

SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\folder\modnumber

In my case the folder was a number 346110

modnumber is the numbered fold for the mod   example was 503554775 which was the roofing mod (now incorporated into the game)

you will FTP that entire folder to:

/ShooterGame/Content/Mods

when done it should look like:

/ShooterGame/Content/Mods/modnumber

I never could find the modnumber.mod file but it was in the Mod folder after I restarted the server 

last is on the server panel page under

Modify Game Server Settings

Add the modnumber to the Mod ID(s) box (if more than oone mod separate with a comma)

Restart the server

Hope this helps... I know they are redoing the destructions for this so if you have any questions just ask again..

The roofing mod worked great  for a couple of days and then was incorporated into the game...

I assume that eventually you would just have put the number in the box and the rest would be automated, based

on all the great new things on the server control panel (great work Ryan and Company)....

I am looking at the Valhalla map lately myself but since the mod develope says only 9% complete I have been holding off..

Hey Ryan any chance of getting a separate mod discussion area??